DXC Technology IT Plant Support - Manufacturing IT in Norwalk, Connecticut
The role is responsible for the following functions at the manufacturing plant:
• Level 1,2, and 3 support for IT issues
• Provisioning of office and plant floor devices (e.g. cell phones, tablets, HMIs, kiosk PCs, printers)
• Support of desktop and collaboration tools (Office365 / SharePoint)
• Preparation of process and procedure documentation
• Project management for site-based infrastructure / application rollouts.
• Managing onsite stakeholder relationships to ensure that the site’s requirements are being met and proactively providing appropriate technology solutions to assist in process improvement
• Active Directory management
• Issue escalation management
• On-call support – there is a requirement to provide 24x7 support to the site.
• Vendor management where appropriate
• All deskside systems
• Site-based servers support
• Plant floor computers/HMIs
• Computer software, MS Office Suite Applications
• RF technology: forklift computers, barcode scanners and barcode printers.
• Desk and mobile phone support
• Multi-function printer support
Minimum education desired: Associate degree in related field of study
Years of relevant experience: 5 years in a technical support role
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
• 5 years of relevant IT operational support experience, preferably working in manufacturing
• Windows Server 2008/2012
• Active Directory, SCCM, Terminal Services
• Skill in promptly detecting, analyzing and resolving computer software and network problems, sometimes with little time or data.
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills
• Good written & verbal communication skills
• Strong technical documentation skills
• Passion for customer service
Minimum Qualifications Desired:
• Ability to work independently, with minimal step-by-step instructions from manager
• Fundamental knowledge of telecom and related equipment
• Ability to prepare oral and written reports and provide quality documentation
• Ability to effectively and carefully communicate and work through problems with customer on-site or remotely
• Strong problem-solving, analytical, critical thinking and organizational skills
• Ability to multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Vendor certifications are a plus
The working environment includes both office and manufacturing plant floor settings. Exposure to industrial noise, forklift traffic, moving mechanical parts occurs in operating areas of the plant. Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment. Position may involve exposure to moderate noise levels from manufacturing plant equipment.
Work involves operation of computer equipment and other information technology hardware devices. Duties may also involve occasional stooping, crawling and lifting of up to 50 lbs. to install or check the installation of network devices and cabling.
DXC Technology is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities