Lockheed Martin Combat System Installation Engineer in Norfolk, Virginia
Description: Ship Integration and Combat System
The Waterfront Installation Engineer is responsible for overseeing and installation of the Combat System Equipment during modernization in Norfolk, VA. The position requires 25% temporary and extended travel to Moorestown, NJ, Pascagoula, MS; Mayport, FL; San Diego, CA; Pearl Harbor, HI; Yokosuka, Japan.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
· Provide assistance/resolution to Engineering, Detail Design, and Field Engineering Groups (Lockheed Martin, Government, and Government Contractors) related to equipment installation and design issues.
· Troubleshoot technical problems and issues, determine technical solutions in accordance with product and customer specifications, and recommend actions to company or customer representatives for coordinative product solution.
· Liaison with CG & DDG Planning Yards on development of Combat System Technical Data Packages.
· Review Installation Control Drawings (ICDs) and SIDs.
· Conduct technical analysis of product
implementations, modifications and enhancements to product in accordance with specific customer
specifications and implementations.
· Assess product needs in accordance with customer specifications. Conduct technical training and product briefing with customers, vendors and company representatives.
· Witness the shipboard load-outs of combat systems equipment.
· Conduct inspections of combat system equipment and cabling during installation to identify problems and provide solutions.
· Provide combat system engineering in the area of ship support systems (e.g., demineralized cooling water, chilled water, sea water, electronic dry air, PAO, 400Hz, etc.).
· Install equipment ORDALT upgrades and remove products ensuring coordinative engineering field change completion on AEGIS Weapon System.
· Act as local on-site representative to customer's organization.
· Will interface daily with Shipyards, State and local safety officials, Regional Maintenance Centers, and USN Ships’ force.
This position requires shift work, brief at-sea periods and periodic travel supporting fleet emergent requirements and equipment installation events and issues. Will require working flex hours, overtime, and on occasion weekends and holidays.
· Experience in design, integration, and/or installation engineering with knowledge of CG 47, DDG 51, and/or FMS Aegis or other USN surface ship combat system equipment and land site simulators.
· Knowledge of Military Specifications and Standards
related to bonding and grounding of equipment on Navy Ships, MIL-STD-1310, MIL –STD-1399, MILSTD-901D (shock), and ship cooling systems/components.
· Knowledge of interface protocols, system design criteria, equipment interactions, major signal flows, and USN Shipbuilding Specifications.
· Ability to read and comprehend production drawings.
· Ability to read and comprehend military specifications for electrical and optical cable, connectors and backshells, and system design, integration and integrity testing.
· Familiarity with the latest applicable Military Specifications for electrical and optical cable, connector, backshell, and system design, integration, and integrity testing.
· Ability to obtain and maintain an Interim and Final SECRET security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
· BS in Electrical, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
· Prior experience as an installation engineer in ship repair facilities or equivalent industrial environments.
· Prior experience with equipment engineering change installation (Field Changes, Engineering Changes, ORDALTs, SHIPALTs, Field Modification Bulletins)
· Prior operational experience in the Aegis fleet.
· Experience with Cable (both copper and fiber) fabrication and testing.
· Experience with soldering and wire wrap
· Certifications a plus.
· Experience with ship support systems (HP/LP Air, dry air, 400Hz SSFC Systems, CND/SPY/Sonar Cooling Systems).
· Experience with providing technical leadership and working in a multi-organization team to accomplish a common goal.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.