IBM Database SME in Noida, India
You will be responsible to provide subject-matter expertise and architecture oversight for database area.
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Provide database migration expertise, technical inputs and drive the migration solution for database scope
• Propose database migration strategy for both standalone and clustered database instances.
• Assist in creation of runbook and migration desk-procedures.
• Lead the technical team during Critsit and technical support calls with third-party vendors.
• Support the Migration Specialist team during migration execution.
• Assist the Discovery Architects with technical inputs from database perspective during discovery phase.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 7-10 years’ experience in Database domain
• Subject-Matter expertise in more than one of the following databases:
o Database (Oracle/SQL Server/DB2/Sybase/MySQL)
• Expert in Database Design, Migration, High-Availability and Disaster Recovery
• Proven experience and expertise in designing and implementing database clusters
• Well-verse with OS Administration and OS level cluster set-up.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment
• Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes
• Experience on enterprise level IT infrastructure monitoring
• Server migration from one data center to another data center.
• Experience in IT infrastructure design
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.