ITA International Capture Manager in Newport News, Virginia
ITA International is a global service provider leveraging subject matter expertise, data analytics and technology ensuring mission success for customers, “In The Arena.”
ITA is seeking a Capture Manager for our HQ location in Newport News. (Virtual)
The Capture Manager works to improve ITA's market position and achieve financial growth. This person helps to define long-term organizational strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, proactively and independently pursues these opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals, and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
The Capture Manager is a senior position within the company. It is their job to work with the internal team, teaming partners, and prospective clients to identify and capture opportunities to provide solutions to existing and potential new clients. They are expected to engage with existing and potential new customers in order to understand their challenges to determine how ITA's capabilities might assist them in meeting these challenges. They are expected to meet clients, often being required to make presentations on solutions and services that meet or predict their clients’ future needs.
Working with ITA's Subject Matter and Technical Experts, the Capture Manager must plan persuasive approaches that will convince potential clients of ITA's capabilities to successfully meet their challenges. To do this, they must develop a rapport with potential clients. Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is the Capture Manager’s responsibility to develop and help execute a complex and purposeful pipeline of opportunities that meet ITA's Strategic Vision. This requires a thorough knowledge of various defense and government markets and the solutions/services ITA can provide.
• Build and prosecute a pipeline of business opportunities.
• Champion business pursuits and present Gate Reviews to senior ITA leadership.
• Continuously update the pipeline with new information as it becomes available.
• Visit potential customers as appropriate within your market area to develop opportunities to provide solutions.
• Work with the team to develop proposals that address the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
• Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
• Research and build relationships with new clients.
• Set up meetings between client decision makers and ITA's leadership.
• Plan approaches and pitches.
• Participate in pricing the solution/service.
• Actively participate in proposal development.
Business Development Planning
• Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
• Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
• Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
• Participate in business development progress meetings.
• Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s opportunity management system.
• Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
• Understand the company’s Mission, Vision, and Strategy in order to assist in achieving long-term company goals.
Bachelor’s degree and 7-10 years of business development experience in the Federal market space. Proven track record of winning prime contract opportunities in the Defense and/or Federal Civilian market space using a structured capture process. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must. An MBA or MS in a technical field is preferred, but not required.
• Successfully identified, qualified, captured, and submitted proposals that led to awards in multiple markets. Those proposals will be primarily systems engineering, modeling and simulation, information technology, software development, decision analysis, machine learning, and/or artificial intelligence related.
• Knowledgeable in the Defense and/or Federal Civilian mission space. Specific experience in one or more of the following markets is strongly preferred: DHS, Intelligence Community, Marine Corp, Navy Installations.
• Diverse and expansive network of contacts in both government and industry organizations.
• Proposal and technical writing experience in support of target markets.
• Comfortable meeting with new clients and diverse organizations.
• Experience/knowledge of GovWin or other opportunity research tools.
ITA international is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), ITA International would like to ensure that your application process goes as smoothly as possible. If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with ITA, please contact us by phone at 757-246-6781 or email us at ITA-HR@ita-intl.com
External Company URL: http://www.ita-intl.com/
Fill Type: Vacancy