Sage Director, Business Process Improvement in newcastle, United Kingdom
Director, Business Process Improvement
Sage is a global company with a local heart. The market leader for cloud-based accounting, financials, enterprise management, people, and payroll software, we empower the world’s business heroes—from single-person startups to large enterprises. Our people are passionate and positive. We inspire our colleagues to serve business builders everywhere and champion their success. As a FTSE 100 company with 14,000 colleagues across 24 countries, we do business the right way, while giving back to our local communities through the Sage Foundation. Sage is passionate about building a culture where our colleagues feel they can bring their whole selves to work. Where people know they’ll be judged on their performance and behaviours - not their identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
We’re currently looking for a Director, Business Process Improvement to join our newly formed Sage Business Architecture function.
The function has been formed in order to support the strategic vision to successfully manage and govern the Sage Operating Model. This includes overseeing all elements of the operating model (organisation design, governance, business processes, tools and technology, culture, metrics etc) with a particular focus on embedding the model as designed through implementing a rigorous governance and change control to framework.
The Director, Business Process Improvement will support the VP Business Architecture in successfully managing and governing the Sage Operating Model, with a specific focus on process optimisation and change management. This role will have responsibility for the process workstream and will continuously engage senior stakeholders across the organisation advising on best practice, to really drive and embed the change. You'll work to align business processes in line with strategic outcomes, with a particular focus on process mapping and documentation. You'll put yourself in the shoes of our customers and will work to fill in the gaps in our customer journey helping to reinvent how we operate.
We're seeking someone with a background in business transformation, whether it be in operational or digital capacity, it might be that this has been gained in a consultancy or technology company. You’ll be working across multiple topics and workstreams at any one time so you’ll have a background in project management as well as experience embedding change within a department or wider organisation. A qualification in Lean or Six Sigma would be beneficial to anyone moving into this role.
In order to build rapport and influence across all levels, functions and regions of the organisation, you’ll possess excellent stakeholder engagement and communication skills. You'll be forward-thinking and innovative with the confidence and expertise in order to challenge the status quo, particularly when dealing with Global Process Owners.
You'll be naturally customer-centric and will have an appreciation for how practices and processes internally impact customer experience. You’ll be comfortable leading on change, delivering at pace and working well under pressure within a changing environment.
We're looking for someone to bring expertise, energy and motivation to ensuring the successful implementation and embedding of the Sage Operating Model. In return, you'll have the opportunity to be part of one of Sage’s most strategically important projects.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Partner effectively across the matrix, collaborating with senior stakeholders who are accountable for operating the model as designed.
• Ensure the Sage Operating model and Ways of Working are managed through effective governance and change control processes but also evolve to drive continuous improvement as we move towards a true SaaS operating model.
• Responsible for reviewing the effectiveness of the Operating Model particularly the effectiveness of processes
• Lead the Business Change programme by defining prioritisation and sequencing of activities across the operating model, negotiating changes to project scope, timing, or resources to insure that programme is delivered effectively.
• Hold the Segment to account on delivering end to end customer journey design across the small and medium segments and add value through collaborating with a cross function team to achieve this.
• Drive optimisation of Sages’ 14 Core Processes by holding the Global Process Owners to account on deliverables. This will include supporting and challenging the design optimisation, understanding the interdependencies, documentation, implementation, and maintenance of Sage’s 14 core Business Processes.
Skills, know-how and experience:
• High level of attention to detail and excellent planning and organisation skills
• Excellent stakeholder engagement and communication skills to be able to build rapport and influence across the organisation particularly at a senior level.
• Clear and concise communicator, who can distill complex topics to focused actions and outcomes and work across multiple topics on any given day.
• Can deliver at pace and multi-task and a proven ability to deliver and successfully land Change.
• Proven ability to review, understand interdependencies and implement improvements to in underlying processes.
• Positive, enthusiastic, energetic and resilient
• Strong delivery focus, ability to perform on a timely basis and with accuracy, and to work well under pressure within a changing environment.
• Strong, action-orientation, independent thinker with excellent organisation skills.
• High levels of personal energy and ability to work with a range of people and cultures at all levels
• Some experience in project management and a Business Change role.
• Experience documenting processes to Level 0
• Visio skills / process and data flow diagramming expertise
• Demonstrated an ability to work across functions and geographic boundaries
• Drive adoption of the global process tool (IBM Blueworks) and documentation of all Sage processes
• An interest in Sage including the willingness to learn about how we operate today as well as our future vision and strategy
Technical / professional qualifications:
• University degree or equivalent
• Lean / Six Sigma qualifications and experience preferable
• Excellent MS Office skills particularly Excel/PowerPoint/Visio
• VP Business Architecture
• Chief Customer Success Officer, VP Business Operations & VP Customer Experience
• EVP IT, Chief Product Officer, Global Process Owners
• Senior leaders across the organisation accountable for elements of the operating model (Executive Committee, Functional leads, Segment Leads, MDs, critical interlock roles)
Key performance indicators:
• Successful optimization, documentation and embedding of Sage’s 14 key processes
• Delivery of the end to end customer journey design by segment
• Responsive with rapid turn-around times of key deliverables/requests.
• Drive on time and quality outputs aligned to the project plan and roadmap
• Collection of analytics for reporting KPIs
London Bridge; Newcastle; Reading