Robert Half International Networking Equipment Supporting Engineer in Newark, Delaware
As a Networking Equipment Supporting Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting and assisting the Technical Support department by working closely with product users to identify potential issues and fix existing problems. This position requires an advanced understanding of fiber optics and networking equipment hardware. You must be committed to upholding our desire to provide an excellent customer experience.
Job functions consist of, but are not limited to:
· Working directly with the hardware used in networking equipment
· Troubleshooting complex customer inquiries related to advanced technical support.
· Configuring Network Switches using knowledge of CLI, Cumulus, WebGUI, VLAN, MLAG, OSFP, Port Forwarding, etc.
· Assisting customers with WDM, transceivers, fiber/Ethernet cables, Mux/Demux, and Optical Modulation.
· able to understand or help designing enterprise network or data center
· Troubleshooting IPv4, IPv6,IP connected networks
· Working efficiently and taking direction in a constantly changing environment.
· Developing an understanding of company, history, team, product offerings and services.
· Other duties as requested.
· 3+ years experience with Networking
· Demonstrated understanding of fiber optic products and services
· Ability and willingness to learn quickly
· Demonstrated customer service skills
· Excellent writing and communication skills
· Able to work as part of a team
· Willingness to travel
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm
We offer health, dental, and vision benefits, paid vacation, sick, and holiday pay, and the opportunity to earn yearly bonuses. Apply now to become a part of our dedicated team of professionals and grow within your career!
We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and full-time without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, experienced status, disability, or any other protected class._
• WDM: 3 years (Preferred)
• Network Switches: 3 years (Preferred)
• Cisco Routers/ Switches: 3 years (Preferred)
• Bachelor's (Preferred)
• United States (Required)
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Vision insurance
• Paid time off
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with some of the best companies on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the technology jobs that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Robert Half Technology office at 888.490.4429 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/technology to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Location: Newark, DE
Date Posted: March 26, 2020
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 03720-9502531675
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT