NBC Universal Vice President, Legal in New York, New York
Job Number 59050BR
Job Title Vice President, Legal
Business Segment Staff
Sub-Business Corporate Legal
Posting Category Legal & Business Affairs
About Us At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Country United States
State New York
City New York
• Minimum of 12 years of legal experience advising news clients on content and intellectual property issues.
• Demonstrated ability to counsel journalists in a fast-paced environment, partner with journalists to deliver compelling, diverse and visually-engaging stories and give clear, succinct, and practical legal advice that enables broadcast or publication.
• Management experience.
• Law degree from an ABA-accredited law school. Member in good standing of the State Bar of New York or another State Bar and registered as in-house counsel.
• Decisive practitioner; skilled at explaining complex legal issues in a straightforward manner.
• Strong knowledge of media law and ethics.
• Demonstrated passion for news and press freedom.
• High level of integrity and professionalism.
• Superior writing, critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.