Language Line LLC Turkmen Interpreter in New York, New York
Exciting career opportunities in the language access industry are waiting for you at LanguageLine Solutions. Whether you work in the corporate office, in one of our satellite offices, at our Interpreting Call Centers, or work from home, you can help make a difference in someone's life every second of every day.
Work at Home Bilingual Turkmen -English Phone Interpreter
Job Title: Turkmen Interpreter
Location: Work at Home position in US/Canada (positions may not be available in all areas)
Position: Phone Interpreter
The Turkmen Telephone Interpreter is responsible for handling calls on demand, and renders the meaning of conversations between Turkmen and English speakers. The interpreter breaks the communication barrier in a wide range of industries that LanguageLine Solutions serves: Healthcare, Government, Insurance, Financial, Utilities, Travel & Hospitality, General Business, Law Enforcement, Court, and 911.
The interpreter processes information quickly, concisely and recognizes sensitive cultural differences. The interpreter is professional and courteous at all times and uses appropriate terminology and understands common industry procedures and practices. The interpreting sessions may involve simple or complex, technical or non-technical subjects.
This position does not involve written translation however translators and other skilled linguists are encouraged to apply. The Interpreters translate verbally.
**This is a remote position. The Interpreter works from his/her home-office. It is essential to ensure a quiet & secure environment.**
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to the interpreting sessions promptly and conduct interpretation in a friendly and professional manner.
- Render correct concepts and meanings according to the conventions of established interpretation protocol, avoiding omissions or additions.
- Speak clearly in both languages using proper pronunciation, enunciation and polite expressions.
- Maintain a professional demeanor throughout the interpreting sessions at all times.
- Remain calm during interpreting sessions in the event that one of the primary speakers is incoherent or upset, especially in emergency situations.
- Maintain punctuality and availability during work hours.
- Follow client instructions, in compliance with protocol to ensure client expectations are met with the Limited English-speaking Person (LEP), avoiding interaction with the LEP without client's permission.
- Understand protocol and terminology for various industries including, but not limited to, Medical, Insurance, Finance and Law.
- Demonstrate commitment to cultural sensitivity and working in a diverse environment.
- Fluency in Turkmen and English and skilled in the associated cultural dynamics.
- Ability to provide cultural competency and assess regional and accent differences to find ways of communicating with the LEP.
- Excellent listening, retention and note-taking skills to maintain a high level of accuracy during interpretation.
- Education or work experience in language-related fields such as teaching, language assessment, translation or interpretation preferred.
- Must be able to adapt to any LLS technology enhancements that improve service delivery and meet client demands.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Legally authorized to work in the US/Canada.
- Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with LanguageLine Solutions (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Candidates who are currently employed by a client of LanguageLine Solutions or an affiliated LanguageLine Solutions business may not be eligible for consideration.
- Ability to read and write the requested languages - highly preferred.
**Based on your location, a post-offer, a pre-employment background check and/or drug screen may be required**
- Dedicated mobile phone for business purposes - Apple iPhone or Android smart phones are acceptable
- High speed Internet connection for work related electronic communication. This internet connection should provide download speeds of no less than 5 Mbps and upload speeds of 3 Mbps.
- Must have access to a quiet space free from background noise or distraction.
- Must be able to operate a keyboard and mouse and remain in a stationary position in front of a computer the majority of the workday.
- Must be able to operate company provided software and systems to perform all aspects of the job.
- Must have sufficient manual dexterity to type or write.
- Able to lift up to 26 lbs.
- May be exposed to moderate noise levels; i.e. computer, audio, telephone.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED --- EEO/AA
LLS is an equal opportunity employer, meaning that employment opportunities are made and offered to individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law or local ordinance. LLS will reasonably accommodate employees and applicants with disabilities if the person is otherwise qualified to safely perform all of the essential functions of the position. Should you require accommodations to complete this application and/or the interview process, please let us know immediately.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race. color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting appropriate employment service delivery systems, such as state workforce agencies and local employment delivery systems, to provide priority referrals of protected veterans.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-I.35(c)
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity