Uber Technologies, Inc. Software Engineer II - Fullstack - Uber Eats in New York, New York
About the RoleWhether it's a sandwich, a burrito, or groceries, the Uber Eats team builds technology to connect people with what they want, when and where they want it. Uber Eats is home to a team of mobile and backend engineers tasked with creating an app to fuel our three-sided marketplace of eaters, delivery-partners, and restaurants. From making it easier to discover your ideal meal to designing dynamic UIs, our engineers keep Merchants thrive in their business and help build scalable solutions on top of our vast product catalog.As a member of the Merchant Performance team, you will be working on building systems and tooling which will empower merchants to be successful on Uber Eats by providing the relevant analytics, insights and engagement levers. You will work alongside backend and web engineers and work closely with product managers and designers to ship impactful products.In addition to providing accurate and relevant data/analytics to merchants, the Performance team focuses on building hospitality tools to ensure merchants can be in charge of building relationships with customers directly.##
What You'll Do
* Work on services / features that are very close to the business
* Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
* Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
* Collaborate with and learn from engineers, foster our speed-oriented culture in them, and help to cultivate a growing team##
* 3+ years of software engineering experience
* Strong problem solving and coding skills##
* Experience shipping high-quality product features on schedule
* Engineering experience in hands-on software development with thoughtfulness of scale, latency and distributed architecture
* Experience coding with C++, C#, Java, Python, or Go (at least 1 required)
* Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science, Physics, or Mathematics, or related field
* Experience building large scale distributed software systems.
* Experience with SOA (micro-service) architecture.
* Experience with production-quality services, deployment, monitoring, and reliability.
* Experience with web application development frameworks such as NodeJS, React, Redux or similar
* Experience with distributed storage (e.g. Cassandra) and relational database (e.g. MySQL) systems
We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.