Amazon Corporate LLC Software Development Engineer - AWS Commerce Platform in New York, New York
Do you want to be surrounded by innovation? Would you like to be empowered with a lot of ownership? Would you like to accelerate your growth? Do you thrive in a challenging work environment? Would you like your voice to be heard? If the answer is yes to any of these questions than this is the place for you! AWS is seeking talented Software Development Engineers to join the AWS Commerce Platform team!
The AWS Commerce Platform builds the software components upon which all other AWS teams build their services and run their businesses. We make it possible for AWS services to make their solutions available to customers with custom-made pricing and billing models, as well as providing functionality that allows service teams to securely accept payment for customers' service usage. We further provide AWS customers of all shapes and sizes with the ability to analyze, control, and optimize their costs via the AWS Cost Management product suite.
Are you ready to challenge yourself in our collaborative atmosphere and watch yourself grow at AWS? As a Software Development Engineer at AWS, you will develop and scale our services and improve our customer experience across the globe. You will influence the way services are developed, provide best practices guidance and architecture feedback.
WHO WE ARE
* A group of technologists from diverse backgrounds
* We obsess over our customer's needs and experience
* Owners. We love building new innovative technologies, and improving our existing ones
* We wear multiple hats. We enjoy the prototyping and tinkering stages, as well as the rigor of making solutions production-ready.
* Innovative, agile and collaborative
WHO YOU ARE
* Enjoy seeing the impact your work has on your customers
* Are comfortable in an agile environment and create order from ambiguity
* Take ownership and do whatever it takes to get the job done
* Use data to make decisions and validate assumptions
* Learn from others and help grow those in your team to achieve their best
* 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
* Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
* 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
* Strong problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
* Proficiency with Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
* Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.