Dow Jones & Co. Senior Graphic Designer in NEW YORK, New York
Dow Jones & Co.
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
**If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.**
**Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy**
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. **EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.**
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at [email@example.com.](firstname.lastname@example.org) Please put “Reasonable Accommodation in the subject line.
NYC - 1211 Ave of the Americas
**We are seeking an experienced graphics design professional to visually bring to life our corporate communications initiatives externally, internally and across social. You will become an indispensable member of a dynamic, global communications team that is driven to amplify the vision of Dow Jones to be the world's most-impactful business and financial news and information company. This team is evolving into a content marketing arm for Dow Jones and this role will help create sophisticated, engaging graphics to support this aim. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who has the ability to work independently, as well as in cross-functional groups, and has a passion for identifying and solving creative challenges in ingenious and innovative ways.**
**To be successful in this role, you should be highly-skilled in graphic design, styles and layout techniques and be able to produce a full range of visual assets across a range of communications deliverables such as, but not limited to:**
- **Press releases**
- **Social cards for various social media platforms**
- **Intranet graphics**
- **Display visuals for in-office kiosks**
- **C-Suite level presentations**
- **Newsletter templates**
- **Set design for internal employee events**
- **Other print and digital collateral, as needed.**
**Your visual storytelling will complement and support written communications in exciting and innovative ways, while adhering to established brand guidelines.**
- **BA in Graphic Design or related field or four-year accredited program in Graphic Design.**
- **8-10 years of experience in graphic design with a strong design portfolio.**
- **High level of proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite; Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, GSuite and other graphic design programs.**
- **Strong visual and typographic sensibility.**
- **Ability to present design concepts to colleagues and articulate a clear creative vision.**
- **Strong organizational skills and highly detail-oriented.**
- **Ability to manage multiple projects with efficiency and minor supervision.**
- **Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colors, fonts and layouts.**
- **Desire to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment with tight deadlines.**
- **Excellent interpersonal communication skills.**
- **Positive and enthusiastic attitude.**