Nature America Inc Senior Front-End Web Developer in New York, New York
We are looking for an experienced SeniorFront-End Web Developer to build, maintain, and expand digital products for Scientific American.
This role reports into the Development Team Lead and is responsible for front-end concerns, focusing on design-related changes and client-side functionality, implementing best practices from a content rendering and delivery perspective.
The ideal candidate will have experience in coding large-scale, responsive web sites with an aim towards performance and progressive enhancement. We value accessibility, graded browser support, maintainability, and open source.
Responsibilities will include working across the product and development teams to deliver clean and tested markup, styling, and functionality. The SeniorFront-End Web Developer will work with the Product Managers and UI/UX designers to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Provideand supporttechnical leadership within the team.
- Produce valid and accessible CSS and HTML templates using Sass and DustJS.
- Optimize existing templates.
- Help the team define and adhere to standard best practices.
- Turn project mock-ups and designs into functioning templates.
- Work with Product and Project Managers to define project timelines and deliverables.
- Maintain site updates, fixing and troubleshooting front-end bugs, and improving performance.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Manage analytics tagging and additional 3rd party scripting libraries such as Krux, Google DFP, Google Tag Manager, Optimizely, etc.
- Additional duties as needed.
Experience, education, skills and qualifications required:
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree
- At least 4-5years of related experience.
- Proficient knowledge of responsive web-design and cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Proficient knowledge of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Good understanding of the principles of progressive enhancement.
- Understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and Sass.
- Knowledge of image authoring tools.
- Experience with Mura CMS or ColdFusion is a huge plus.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD& D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature isan Equal Opportunity Employer that complieswith the laws and regulations set forth in the following Equal Employment Opportunity IsThe Law poster:
For information about ourResearch Editorial and Publishing career opportunities please visitthe new Springer Nature E& P website atwww.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs.
Springer Nature is a leading global research, educational and professional publisher, home to an array of respected and trusted brands providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services.
Springer Nature is the worlds largest academic book publisher, publisher of the worlds highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. The company numbers almost 13, 000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of approximately EUR 1.5 billion. Springer Nature was formed in 2015 through the merger of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science Business Media.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity