Alvarez & Marsal Holdings LLC Senior Associate/Director, Digital Transformation, Financial Services in New York, New York
This role sits within the Financial Industry Advisory Services (FIAS) practice here at Alvarez and Marsal France. A& M FIAS revolves around three core areas of expertise; Performance Improvement, Bank Restructuring and Regulatory Advisory. Financial institutions are facing a more and more challenging transformation agenda requiring more disruptive approach regards to Digital Technology, Operational Efficiency, Customer Engagement & Cost Reduction.
A& M's FIAS professionals work on some of the world's most high-profile cases in a rapidly transforming financial institution landscape, striving for game-changing solutions that provide impactful long-term change. Our global team is comprised of seasoned bank executives from diverse backgrounds, former senior financial institution regulators & highly skilled consultants.
**The Purpose of the role:**
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to use your financial services and/or consultancy experience to become involved in a 'hands on' team. You will contribute to work streams on large programs but also smaller projects, leveraging your financial services knowhow and skill set in analysing the status quo and developing sound solutions either from an external point of view or in collaborative settings with your client organization.
The focus of this role is to help A& M's Financial Services clients to understand the capability and impact of digital transformation and technology. You will advise in shaping their vision of technology and business capabilities, build a strategy to succeed and define digital transformation roadmaps to deliver the strategy. Using your skills in strategy execution, you will own and deliver the transformation for our clients. Skills in operating model design, business analysis, business process and organisation design will all be learned, developed and tailored for our clients' needs.
Our Consultants not only form strategies or advise the clients, but also build alongside cross-functional teams - becoming part of client teams and operating fully end to end, from problem identification to formulating strategy and delivering the end product. You will work on transferring capabilities to help our clients use digital technology to transform their businesses. You will shape and drive end-to-end digital transformations across business, technology, process and people, creating value by reinventing the core of our client's businesses. This work includes gathering and analysing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations. You'll also have the opportunity to present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members. You will work with clients and teams on broader consulting work that includes strategy, operations/processes, training, organisational structuring, new digital initiatives, and marketing with a strong digital focus.
You will support the delivery of digital transformation projects within financial institutions, where identifying disruptive transformation levers and managing political complexity will be key to generate significant and sustainable savings. Assignments will focus on delivering large and complex transformation programs for leading Tier 1 European banks and Insurers etc, bringing high added value to our clients (disruption mindset, restructuring DNA, acceleration of the transformation).
To this effectively, you will need to:
- Undertake modernisation programmes transforming traditional, largely manual IT departments and processes to a modern, highly automated, digital-first engineering function/business model;
- Provide solutions to real world problems facing Financial Services Institutions today, whilst referencing a portfolio of end to end value-led, customer-centric digital transformations;
- Help clients devise strategies to reinvent customer experience by advising, shaping and delivering platform-led transformations to realise their strategic business objectives and get maximum value from their platforms;
- Help shape platform-led transformation strategies working with multi-disciplinary team of technologists, business architects and experience designers;
- Run short discovery or platform strategy phases of work, developing business transformation vision, value roadmap, high-level target solution designs, target experiences
- Cultivate and share best practices through thought leadership, personal experience and the shared collective experience gained from similar projects and engagements;
- Stay up to date on aligned industry trends and solution innovations, constantly refine point of view and demonstrate ongoing thought leadership;
- Promote how digital transformation can improve performance, reduced costs and achieve higher profitability;
- Work closely with senior stakeholders in the client's business and with professionals from leading financial institutions;
- Be creative to generate break through ideas regarding transformation levers;
- Be an action-oriented self-starter with strong analytical skills and entrepreneurial flair;
- Have a strong exposure to client, be able to deal with top executives in complex situation;
- Be proactive in industry events e.g. conferences, forums, debates - ensure the Company is perceived as a key player in the Digital Transformation space.
The ideal candidate would possess a strong passion for (large scale) digital transformation with Financial Services institutions. Experience & abilities required:
- Education: a high-grade degree qualification (or equivalent) from a good University
- Experience in financial services advisory (ideally from a Big 4 Professional services firm or from the Banking industry itself) in large scale transformation program, highly exposed to top management, with leading financial services players in the Spanish market;
- Previous experience delivering digital transformation projects in a consulting or client-side role e.g., strategic consulting (digital strategies, digital roadmaps, workflows...), familiarity with established and emerging technologies (data analytics, automation, artificial intelligence, cloud migration, blockchain and digital twins..) and ability to integrate Digital Transformation into other service offerings such as process improvement or operations excellence, stakeholder engagement, change management;
- Experience in transforming mainly businesses through enabling technology and transforming the way clients operate. You are confident working in a technology environment - you will bring proven skills and experience at leading and delivering management consultancy projects.
- Demonstrated aptitude for both data & data analytics and an ability to work with numbers with ease with an ability to interpret and present data to all levels within an organisation;
- Strong communication and relationship building skills, an excellent networker with the ability to navigate a wide map of internal stakeholders and external account relationships to CXO and CIOs;
- Demonstrable credibility as a strategic advisor or experience leading a client-side digital transformation initiative. The ability to engage, listen, comprehend and propose coherent solutions to business challenges and in helping banks, insurers and other financial services companies build business cases for adopting new technology solutions;
- Native/Fluent Spanish & English language skills are essential along with excellent writing skills;
- A creative, strategic thinker who can bring innovative ideas, a new perspective or a new strategy to the table to challenge the status quo.
- Solution oriented, data driven, learning mind-set.
- Experience working with Cloud Products/Platforms or within a complex, high tech environment
- Solid understanding of Internet and Web technologies
- A deep understanding of the current trends, challenges and technologies used desired.
- An understanding of change management thinking - especially pertaining to disruptive technologies highly desired.
- Willingness to travel often (mainly within Europe) & EU citizenship or right to work in the EU.
**Why A& M?**
Companies, investors, lenders and government entities around the world turn to Alvarez & Marsal (A& M) when conventional approaches are not enough to activate change and achieve results. Privately-held since 1983, A& M is a leading global professional services firm that delivers performance improvement, turnaround management and business advisory services to organizations seeking to transform operations, catapult growth and accelerate results through decisive action. Our senior professionals are experienced operators, world-class consultants and industry veterans who draw upon the firm's restructuring heritage to help leaders turn change into a strategic business asset, manage risk and unlock value at every stage.
Our heritage is restructuring, but for over 30 years we have grown from a premier restructuring boutique to a global consulting firm with more than $1 billion in revenues. Over the course of time we have experienced the shifts in the various regulatory environments around the world.
Establishing a presence in Europe over ten years ago, the European business now has some 600 staff in a broad range of professional services including: Corporate Transformation, Financial Institutions Advisory, Transaction Advisory and a market leading Private Equity Performance Improvement practice.
**Diversity & Inclusion**
A& M's entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work-guided by A& M's core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity-are the main reasons our people love working at A& M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity and we foster inclusiveness. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A& M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal's policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
**Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters**
Please note that as per A& M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A& M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity