Morgan Stanley Muni Strategist in New York, New York
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Fixed Income Division is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manages risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets.
The Muni Strats team is responsible for the research, design and development of all algorithms, models and strategies that improve and enhance Muni trading at the firm. In this highly growing area, you'll have the opportunity to work closely with fellow strats and traders by using a range of quantitative techniques such as Machine Learning to drive impact in the business.
• Manage and support all facets of Muni algorithm development through idea generation, quantitative analysis and implementation
• Own and support end to end pricing and hedging improvements through analyzing large datasets, identifying patterns, building models and automation
• Work closely with traders to understand trading conditions and opportunities as well as communicate findings and changes that are being implemented
• Partner with technology to deliver superior trading solutions to the desk
• Provide day-to-day support for trading and sales operations
• Solid background in Mathematics and Statistics
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate complex ideas in a collaborative environment
• Experience working with large datasets in either Sybase or KDB
• Experience with Python and Java; Scala is a plus but not required
• Knowledge of municipal securities and/or municipal derivatives, interest rates derivatives, and credit derivatives a plus
Job: *Desk Strategists
Title: Muni Strategist
Location: New York-New York
Requisition ID: 3181583