ARAMARK Maintenance Technician - Manhattan College in New York, New York
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operating manuals, manufacturers' specifications or supervisor's instructions, using hand and power tools, precision measuring, or testing devices; responsible for complete maintenance in areas of assignment.
• Assesses, monitors, and adjusts HVAC pneumatic and electronic controls to ensure the proper operation of HVAC equipment and maintain appropriate space conditions as required.
• Observes and adjusts a wide variety of mechanical machines and devices to assure proper operation. This equipment includes pumps, motors, air handling units, refrigeration and air compressors, and laboratory equipment.
• Dismantles machines and devices for servicing, repair, or replacement of parts.
• Adjusts devices, instruments, belts, etc.
• Lubricates and cleans pumps, motors, fans, machinery, equipment, and operating hardware.
• Replaces gaskets and seals on water coolers and other equipment.
• Regulates steam or hot water equipment in mechanical rooms, offices, laboratories, residence areas, etc.; adjusts valves, thermostats, and dampers.
• Assists as required and/or directed with snow plowing, snow and ice removal, and lawn and shrubbery care around the location facilities.
• Assists other mechanics when directed.
• Maintains time and material records.
• Performs minor inspectional duties where directed.
• Performs repair, replacement, or installation operations as required by work order in general maintenance and mechanical trades including HVAC, plumbing, and electrical.
• Must be able to perform duties requiring overhead work and use of ladder, both inside and outside.
• Possesses general operating knowledge of mechanical equipment, boilers and air conditioning systems and is capable of making minor repairs and adjustments.
• Reports unsafe conditions or building or equipment damage to supervisors.
• Performs other related and unrelated duties.
High School Diploma or GED
Five years experience as a general or trades maintenance mechanic
Graduation from a recognized trade school and two years acceptable experience
May be required to work evening or night shift according to the needs of the location.
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Aramark will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance ordinance.