TEKsystems Java Swing Developer in NEW YORK, New York
Our client is looking to hire a Java Swing Developer. This eTrading front office technology team develops and supports the front-office applications responsible for electronically pricing, market making, and hedging globally.
· Develop Client side UI for a high-performance cross-product electronic execution platform using Java Swing.
· Follow release and production change procedures and work with other teams to deliver and maintain reliable and functional front-office pricing and trading applications.
· Participate in rotational production support activities.
· Identify, analyze, communicate and resolve application, infrastructure and environmental issues and problems.
· Assist in QA and UAT testing with clients.
Qualified Candidates should have:
· 5-plus years of hands-on core Java and Swing development experience
· Strong verbal and written communication skills are must.
· Ability to cope with rapid front-office development and to respond to and address production situations promptly.
· Ability to communicate and act professionally with IT staff and business clients while under strict deadlines.
· Ability to work in a team-oriented setting.
· Java Swing, strong in multi-threading programming, collections, memory management, understanding of relational databases, XML beans
· Messaging is a plus (publish/subscribe, JMS, and Tibco RV).
· Windows, Oracle SQL, Perforce, Maven, Eclipse.
Java, Messaging, Unix, Swing
Top Skills Details:
1.) 5+ years of hands-on core Java and Swing development experience with a solid understanding of advanced concepts (Multithreading, Concurrency, Collections).
2) Expert knowledge of real-time messaging utilizing one or more of the following (Real-time messaging system experience (JMS, MQ, TIBCO, EMS,Triarch).
3) Excellent communication skills and willingness to provide user support, answer inquiries and troubleshoot and resolve problems
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.