BDO USA, LLP IT Senior Manager, Risk Advisory Services in New York, New York
Risk Advisory Services IT Senior Manager
BDO's Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
Working under the authority of a Partner, the Risk Advisory Services IT Senior Manager is responsible for managing and delivering high value solutions to multiple clients in technology environments to analyze system security and access controls, backup recovery procedures and IS organization and administration practices. Additionally, the Risk Advisory Services IT Senior Manager is charged with overseeing all aspects of an internal audit, SOX or consulting engagement to include planning, field work, engagement wrap up and report composition, along with providing recommendations regarding client risks. In this role, the Risk Advisory Services Senior Manager is charged with managing a team of professionals through all stages of internal audit or consulting engagements to include planning, field work, engagement wrap up and report composition, along with providing recommendations regarding engagement economics and legal risks to the Firm. The Risk Advisory Services IT Sr. Manager is responsible for ensuring exceptional client service and high quality engagement deliverables. The RAS IT Sr. Manager is also responsible for developing new business with existing clients and prospects of the Firm, including the identification of target companies. The RAS IT Sr. Manager also supports the practice Partner with all aspects of client pursuits, including all phases of the client proposal process. The RAS Sr. Manager is responsible for all aspects of practice administration including time entry, client contract administration, billings, collections and adjustments to engagement realization when needed.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, Business Intelligence or other relevant field required
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience with a public accounting firm or Fortune 1000 company performing Risk Assessments, internal audits, Sarbanes-Oxley Readiness services, internal control assessments, management consulting as a Financial, Operational or Information Technology Subject Matter Expert required
- Experience performing audits within a public accounting environment required
- Experience performing audits of particular industries (manufacturing, retail, distribution, energy, etc), based upon the RAS practice's need required
- Significant supervisory experience required
- Experience performing process reviews, systems reviews and reviews of application controls required
- Experience with internal controls including process control design, preparation of flowcharts & control matrices, documentation and testing of controls, and identification and reporting of control "gaps" required
- Experience conducting audit planning, developing audit programs, performing testing, preparing work papers, and drafting audit reports required
- Experience in client marketing to include but is not limited experience successfully managing multiple client pursuits and proposal efforts preferred
- Certificate of Internal Auditor ("CIA"), Certified Public Accountant ("CPA"), Certified Fraud Examiner ("CFE"), Certified Information System Auditor ("CISA"), or equivalent certifications required
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint required
- Experience with ACL and/or IDEA, and MS Access preferred
- Experience in the use of various assurance applications and research tools as is appropriate for this level preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid understanding and experience planning and coordinating all stages of an internal audit
- Knowledge of internal accounting controls and professional standards and regulations
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, specifically business / report writing
- Ability to adapt style and messaging to effectively communicate with professionals at all levels both within the client organization and the firm
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently and within a group environment
- Recognition as a though leader with respect to the topics of governance, risk and control.
- Superior analytical and diagnostic skills and ability to break down complex issues and implementing appropriate resolutions
- Capability to work in a demanding, deadline driven environment with a focus on details and accuracy
- Ability to collaborate with partners and managers within other service lines and industries, as well as RAS leaders.
- Solid project management skills
- Solid US GAAP and GAAS knowledge and familiarity with SEC and PCAOB reporting rules. Knowledge of IFRS, a plus
- Solid grasp of general IT control concepts
- Excellent people development and delegation skills, including training/instruction and engagement scheduling and budgeting
- Executive presence to act as primary contact for clients while preparing and presenting to clients and potential clients
- Ability to resolve complex business issues
- Capacity to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and client personnel
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.