TEKsystems Infrastructure/Mobility Engineer (Airwatch/WorkspaceOne) in New York, New York
Remote for now, but will be onsite in NYC eventually---Tri-state candidates only
FULLTIME - No Third Party Candidates
MUST HAVE BACHELORS DEGREE*
Our client, a large healthcare system in New York City is looking for a Mobility Systems Engineer to join their team on a fulltime basis to help buildout and implement their WorkspaceOne Mobile infrastructure. Candidates must have:
1) 7+ years with Airwatch /Workspace One. Must have worked with VMware's version Workspace One. They are in a greenfield state with Workspace One and are setting up brand in new infrastructure for end point management. This person needs to be strong SME to implement Workspace One.
2) 7+ years in build automation, application packaging, AD/Windows administration automation, support for platforms like VDI, application virtualization. Must have a strong background in pure scripting in Powershell. Must be able to build from scratch not just use it.
3) 7+ years working in as a Build Engineer and have been a support for level three problem escalation As well as Creation and design of support documentation as well as hands on demonstrations.
In this role, the successful candidate The primary focus is on developing and engineering solutions that will advance the teams vision of a secure, stable, robust, and dynamic end user infrastructure that will support our existing business requirements, as well as easily scale to meet future needs.
A solid understanding of the engineering design process and the importance of automation, remote tools, teamwork, centralized overview management, Service Request and Incident handling via an ITIL model. Working in concert to help the organization achieve its strategic initiatives, produce more with rapidly growing demands, while operating at a lower TCO.
Duties include build automation, application packaging, AD/Windows administration automation, support for platforms like VDI, application virtualization, EPIC, thin and full workstation clients, PXE boot environment, development of build application on bare metal. Monitoring & workflow efficiencies, mentoring of team members and other Service Desk personnel is essential to the position. Incident, Problem and Transition Management guidelines are expected to be followed to ensure proper handoff of projects and tickets, thus raising the effectiveness of solutions and staff using the tools.
Position must show leadership in project development, implementation, vendor relations and during system outages. Demonstration of a high degree of proficiency in problem solving and having the know how to expertly apply a systematic approach for gathering & understanding project requirements, troubleshooting outages and problems is essential.
The position serves as a level three problem escalation contact. Creation and design of support documentation as well as hands on demonstrations and instructions to Service Desk personnel, application owners and other MCIT staff is required.
Providing updates for project & task work, outages, trouble tickets, service requests and time entry. Escalation of issues to supervisor or other groups is required. Performing related duties as assigned or requested. Works under general direction and may be required to work weekends and stay late as necessary.
• Prepare, update and support the Microsoft OS base image for use within the environment on full PC clients and VDI
• Develop and support the existing PXE and USB (pre-boot) methods for deploying Windows images to endpoints
• Serve as primary support for the standard Windows build, fielding questions from local MCIT service desks
• Monitors assigned queues in Front Range ITSM, taking ownership of incidents as appropriate
• Development of tools to fill gaps in available software solutions
• Attendance and additional performance standards
• Serve as main engineer/contact on projects as assigned
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Knowledge of VMWare Workspace ONE required
Education Requirements: Must have Bachelors Degree
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.