Goldman Sachs & Co. IBD, Loan Negotiation Group, Structured Finance Documentation - Vice President in New York, New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
This is a front line client facing position working with the Transportation Team and Investment Banking to negotiate financing commitment papers and credit agreement terms for secured financing transactions. Coverage may include other teams, including Corporate, Consumer and/or Real Estate Finance. Play a lead role in negotiating and documenting (with outside counsel) various types of bilateral and syndicated financing facilities as well as complex amendments and waivers. The Loan Negotiation Team supports several businesses throughout the firm and is part of the overall Debt Underwriting Group, a joint venture between the Risk Group and Credit.
· Work with internal deal teams and in-house and outside counsel to structure, in some cases highly complex, transactions.
· Negotiate Term Sheets and Commitment Letters with sponsors and borrowers.
· Coordinate with all internal teams including Capital Markets on the structure, pricing and economics.
· Lead negotiation of final documentation with sponsor, borrower and other arranging banks.
· Participate in syndication process and conversations with investors on the structure and terms of documentation during syndication.
· Through various forums, including periodic trainings, initiate and participate in internal educational initiatives and programs designed to teach elements of transaction structuring.
· Prefer 5 years experience in either banking, credit, or structured finance at a bank or law firm.
· Bachelors Degree
· Transactional experience with structured finance lending transactions, asset based revolvers and/or transportation finance.
· Experience in working across teams in high intensity environments, with demonstrated ability to play lead roles and make decisions.
· Sound credit analysis skills is a plus.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Graduate Degree (MBA or JD)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world. We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers . We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved. Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Job ID 2021-79705
Schedule Type Full Time
Division Investment Banking Division
Business UnitIBD Term
Employment Type Employee