Marsh & McLennan Cos FSG Consultant in New York, New York
Mercer's US Financial Strategy Group is responsible for the development and delivery of Mercer's intellectual capital around pension risk management; ensuring that clients receive Mercer's best thinking about investment strategy, funding policy, risk transfer, and journey planning.
The Financial Strategy Group within Mercer's US Wealth business is looking for a Principal to join our team and will be instrumental in supporting the full spectrum of Mercer's pension risk consulting!
**What can you expect?**
- Provide investment advice to a wide range of institutional clients using asset liability modeling on the determination of investment objectives, establishment of investment policy, selection of investment managers and the monitoring of investments.
- Become a technical expert with Mercer's asset liability modeling systems to create value-added analysis for clients
- Create and evaluate investment strategies and their impact for large and jumbo market clients.
- Create project work plans and monitor timelines and budgets.
- Determine clients' requirements and brief the team as appropriate, providing the direction and guidance required to ensure deadlines and services standards are met.
**What's in it for you?**
- We are the global leader in the Wealth Management space. We deliver innovative solutions that address the health and wellness needs of our clients and their employees.
- We offer a generous benefits program
**What you need to have:**
- Minimum Bachelor degree in mathematics, economics, finance or other business-related areas or direct relevant experience.
- CFA designation and/or actuarial credentials are required, unless candidate can demonstrate strong actuarial expertise
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience working with modeling pension plan financials
- Strong technical capabilities working with complex tools and systems
- Thorough understanding of US pension funding rules, along with relevant pension accounting standards under US GAAP and IFRS
- Ability to work in teams and be flexible to work under tight deadlines and changing client needs
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of data analysis, project management, and presentation design
**We will count on you to:**
- Lead modeling projects that will be used to deliver client advice
- Direct the work of employees in a project team and coach/mentor others.
- Think holistically to solve complex pension problems, bringing together the full spectrum of pension solutions including funding policy, investment strategy, and risk transfer.
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.