Robert Half International Finance Manager in NEW YORK, New York
This is a key role in our high-growth eCommerce business, providing accurate and timely financial data to inform critical business decisions. This role will lead and maintain our financial schedules, ensure the integrity and accuracy of reporting, support planning cycles, monitor cash flow and collaborate with accounting. This role will be the subject matter expert supporting eCommerce leadership to provide commercial and operational financial support, and influence drivers of the financial model in support of our growth goals and objectives. Ultimately, your analysis and deliverables will provide the insights that allow us to grow our business and manage our costs.
The ideal candidate is a solutions-oriented team player with strong communication skills. This role is right for someone who will thrive in a rapidly changing environment, is an expert in eCommerce and has a passion for analyzing data. The role requires a detailed, efficient and strategic thinker who possesses a hands-on approach with analysis. The right candidate will see “the big picture” and create simplicity from complex reporting and operational challenge. They will be the subject matter expert and partner with leadership to lead operational finance projects in support of our growth objectives.
• Be the dedicated financial analyst to the eCommerce store, analyzing financial information and driving financial operations
• Provide ongoing financial support to eCommerce leadership in the related areas of our financial model development: Optimize and analyze the eCommerce financial statements to identify opportunities to track benchmarks/KPIs, reduce expenses and increase profitability
• Own eCommerce financial schedule including: plans, forecasts and monthly financial reporting
• Provide monthly reporting package, including budget to actual variance analysis, forecast updates, inventory schedule and commentary
• Reconcile monthly statements against supporting documentation to ensure accurate and timely month-end eCommerce reporting
• Analyze the e-commerce P& L to identify opportunities to reduce expenses and increase profitability
• Lead monthly capital expenditure forecast
• Drive financial operations (invoicing processes, inventory management and stakeholder reporting)
• Recommend adjustments to ensure our business is on track to hit growth targets and forecast
• Partner with the marketing department to analyze monthly digital marketing spend
• Partner with executive team on miscellaneous ad hoc reports and requests
• Explore, evaluate and recommend technology and business process options for automating the collection and reporting of financial data including: financial reporting, sales tax collection/reporting, and inventory management
• BS Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA preferred
• Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in financial analysis
• E-Commerce experience required
• Expertise in Excel
• Analytical, critical-thinking, and presentation skills; including the ability to provide written and verbal information effectively
Preference given to candidates possessing:
• Experience with Shopify
• Highest degree of accuracy with a strong attention to detail
• Well organized with an ability to manage multiple projects with strict deadlines
• Project management skills, from initial idea through execution
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
E-Commerce Industry Experience
Robert Half Management Resources matches senior-level financial consultants with remote or on-site jobs for interim and long-term opportunities in areas such as internal auditing, mergers and acquisitions, tax initiatives, and much more. Our staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Salary: $50.00 - $60.00 / Hourly
Location: NEW YORK, NY
Date Posted: February 22, 2021
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 02942-0011714022
Staffing Area: Interim Project-Based Financial