Safe Horizon Executive Assistant - Legal, Manhattan in New York, New York
Executive Assistant - Legal, Manhattan
The Executive Assistant to the General Counsel provides administrative support for the Legal Department and Restitution Program, including the management of business, scheduling, special projects, and other tasks to support the work of the General Counsel and their staff, and to help ensure that requests receive attention in a timely manner. The Executive Assistant also trains staff in other parts of the organization in the contract management process. Special projects may include data analysis and assistance with the development of presentations.
Responsibilities include :
· Managing calendar and scheduling for General Counsel and their staff;
· Screening phone calls and meeting requests, prioritizing and referring calls/requests elsewhere, as appropriate;
· Supporting legal staff with facilitating contracts, subpoenas, requests for records, litigation, and other corporate matters;
· Managing Departmental business, including processing of invoices and credit card statements;
· Assembling Board meeting materials and attending Board meetings, as needed;
· Maintaining updated files for Board minutes and other Board-related documents;
· Providing information to clients on how to request records;
· Assisting in processing of annual State charity registrations;
· Maintaining the Incident Review Committee materials;
· Supervising and training of Contract Managers;
· Keeping a database and tracking of record requests received by the Legal Department;
· Providing government agencies and vendors with requested documentation;
· Handling confidential information discreetly and appropriately;
· Drafting correspondence;
· Maintaining office supplies, including ensuring equipment is repaired as needed;
· Special Projects; and
· Other Departmental support, as needed.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
· Must possess the ability to effectively multi-task with competing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Must have excellent organizational, time management and follow-up skills.
· Exemplary customer service and interpersonal skills are essential.
· Must have demonstrated ability to work with sensitive information.
· Must be flexible and detail oriented.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Acrobat Adobe are required as well as an aptitude for learning new software.
· Must have basic mathematical computations and record keeping skills.
· Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
· Excellent typing skills are essential.
· Must exercise tact, discretion, and independent and sound judgment.
· A strong understanding of organizational structure and culture is required.
· At least 2 years of post-secondary education or secretarial/business school certificate is required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
Safe Horizon is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals and endeavors to hire individuals of diverse races, colors, creeds, ethnicities, religions, genders, gender identities or expressions, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, national origins and disabilities, as well citizen, marital, protected veteran and HIV statuses.