Barclays Business Manager in New York, New York
Business Manager – Credit - VP
New York, NY
As a Barclays Business Manager you will be a support role for the US FI Credit business which primarily trades bonds, credit default swaps, loans, TRS’s, Secured Financing Products and CLOs. The position will also be in support of the Global Credit COO team. You will be fostering a strong integration with the Credit Client Strategy team through partnering in business and client reviews and planning the strategic goals and associated actions to achieve them.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Daily business support to Credit Sales, Trading & Structuring.
• Infrastructure Coordination – engaging and communicating with relevant stakeholders in IT, Product Control, Risk, Operations, etc. to achieve business goals.
• Business process development and optimization including working on issues relating to trading systems, risk systems and other trading orientated initiatives.
• Representative on senior level working groups, forums, and committees internally and possibly externally.
• Human Resource process oversight (e.g. leavers/movers/joiner controls, mandatory leave status, appraisals, training).
• Expense Management oversight
• Budgets and Performance Management.
• Responsible being the liaison with infrastructure partners on Audits, Compliance and Risk reviews, Conformance Testing, and Unauthorized Trading reviews. What we’re looking for:
• 4-year Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree
• Minimum 5 years work in within an Investment Banking environment. Fixed Income Credit or Rates product knowledge essential
• 5 years of Project Management experienceSkills that will help you in the role:
• Ability to operate in a dynamic complex multi-disciplined business environment where change is constant and demanding
• A clear understanding of the elements of an effective control environment, with proven responsibility for decision-making.
• Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills at preparing presentationsWhere will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.