Salesforce.com, Inc Business Consultant - Digital Marketing & CX Strategy Consultant in New York, New York
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Business Consulting is Salesforce’s pre-sales Marketing & CX Strategy Consultancy. We hire senior level, data-driven marketing and CX engagement experts to accelerate transformation & growth for our customers and for salesforce.
Business consultants are practitioners, thought leaders, innovators and problem solvers who apply our experience and executive-level consulting acumen coupled with our proven Salesforce consulting methodology to help marketing business executives take a data-driven approach to reimagining their consumer experience, personalizing the moments that matter and developing their strategic roadmap to realize value with Salesforce.
This role collaborates with internal team members and leaders (across sales, service, product, marketing, solution engineering and other Salesforce Innovation teams) and C-level client contacts (Focus on the CMO, the CDO and their teams) in the Retail and Consumer Goods industries. Business consultants help drive consensus in and across our customers' lines of business around digital strategic vision as well as key areas of focus through a value-based, pragmatic roadmap to execution. This person must assume the role of trusted advisor for driving innovative digital strategies forward with customers while also improving overall Salesforce business performance. The Business Consultant focuses primarily in these areas:
Business/Marketing/CX Problem Solving: Take ambiguous/complex challenges and, using research, personal experience, business assessment capabilities and customer experience acumen, clearly define problems, identify opportunities, drive innovative new ideas, and recommend actionable, prioritized next steps to make a big impact on customer needs/goals.
Innovation Management: Bring rigor to a client’s decision making process by performing detailed cost/benefit analysis, running workshops, presenting and evaluating solution options, and driving consensus among key stakeholders. In some instances, we help our clients develop new decision frameworks and governance processes that continue to deliver value far beyond a particular engagement. A Business Consultant is a seasoned story builder and storyteller, who can lead a room of executives to consensus.
Solution Planning: Define scope and plan new solutions for clients. This includes determining how to measure business results, modeling current/future business processes, gathering business requirements and identifying the organizational changes required to successfully realize the benefits of the solution.
A Business Consultant at Salesforce plays a pivotal role in developing innovative B2C, B2B and B2B2C digital engagement strategies with key enterprise and commercial strategic customers, in a “pre-sales” environment to help expand, elevate, strengthen and grow customer relationships which fuels growth for all.
• 10+ years of digital marketing/CRM/D2C experience with at least 7 years focused exclusively on the digital space
• Proven experience leading digital strategy and digital roadmap projects in a complex business and marketing environment, including guiding C-level leadership to consensus
• Deep understanding of and passion for the customer lifecycle, managing the consumer experience and taking a data-driven approach to personalization
• Retail or Consumer Goods industry experience and focus
• Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills; dynamic (persuasive) in creating & presenting new ideas to current customers, prospective customers and internal stakeholders (VP to C-level)
• Strong understanding of marketing & advertising industry, martech trends and the overall SaaS landscape
• Ability to understand, communicate and manage across the entire project lifecycle
• This position is defined as a “remote employee “(work from home office), with expected travel to clients and for internal team collaboration (post-pandemic): 30% (was 50% pre-pandemic)
• B.S. of Computer Science, Software Engineering or related degree
• Bachelor’s Degree Required
• Ability to develop data-driven business value cases to support recommendations and inform prioritization
• Demonstrated success driving organizational change within client organizations
• Past experience in organizational design consulting, process design and optimization, digital governance, and team dynamics a strong plus
• New business opportunity identification
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. (http://cloud.mail.salesforce.com/accommodations-request-form)
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Founded in 1999, Salesforce is the global leader in Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Companies of every size and industry are using Salesforce to transform their businesses, across sales, service, marketing, commerce, and more by connecting with customers in a whole new way. We harness technologies that can revolutionize companies, careers, and, hopefully, our world.
Salesforce is built on a set of four core values: Trust, Customer Success, Innovation, and Equality. By making technology more accessible, we're helping create a future with greater opportunity and equality for all. This has taken our company to great heights, including being ranked by Fortune as one of the “Most Admired Companies in the World” and one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” eleven years in a row, and named “Innovator of the Decade” and one of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies” eight years in a row by Forbes.
There are those who choose to work with the best and brightest. And then, there are those who want to do more than just a job. They are the ones improving lives, not only their careers. Having an impact now instead of later. Doing something that’s so much bigger than themselves, an industry, and their company.
We believe everyone can be a Trailblazer. Join Salesforce and discover a future of new opportunities.