Marsh & McLennan Cos Associate Placement Specialist in New York, New York
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts manage every facet of risk and across industries to help clients anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face.
Recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting people from within our organization is a foundational element of Marsh's talent strategy. We know that diverse thought leadership and experience on our teams is the winning combination and we are committed to advancing our efforts to ensure that we are a company where all colleagues feel they belong and can thrive and contribute their best.
Our**Associates**in Advisory, Account Management and Placement are responsible for designing the placement strategy and negotiating with carriers; evaluating risks and making coverage recommendations; and partnering with Account Managers to retain and win new business.
We are seeking**Associates**for ourNew Yorkoffice.
What can you expect?
- Become a member of Marsh's best in class team, delivering expert broking and strategy solutions to help clients manage risk with confidence
- Receive on the job, online, and formal training to ensure success and engagement in this role
- An opportunity for long term growth within a dynamic and growing business unit
- Ability to make an immediate impact within the organization.
- Work alongside highly experienced colleagues to gain experience and skill sets for professional growth
- Exposure to key stakeholders and have the ability to make strong business connections.
What is in it for you?
- Opportunities to take risks, innovate and disrupt. Marsh is agile and resilient - our goal is to invest in you by training on soft and technical skills to prepare you for opportunities in different areas of our business.
- A company with an exceptional, global brand and proven results to match
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnerships
- Employee Resource Groups which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with diverse counterparts in industry groups and client organizations.
- Competitive pay (salary and performance based bonus potential), full benefits package - starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STI/LTI, life insurance, generous 401k match AND contribution after one year vesting period.)
- Flexible work opportunities for work/life balance
- Generous Parental Leave and Tuition Reimbursement plan and participation in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan
We will count on you to:
- Evaluate risks; review loss experience, cash flow and financials; develop solutions, articulating impact of options; leverage analytics to make recommendations to client across product lines
- Cultivate a comprehensive understanding of changing market conditions
- Retain and generate new business by leveraging strategy information and managing contract reviews and midterm changes
- Contribute to client retention through effective risk solutions and excellence in service
- Develop renewal strategies in conjunction with client team and execute in accordance with client instructions
- Analyze quotes from carriers and provide analysis to develop solutions and renewals
- Assist in the design, development, and marketing of new insurance and risk products
- Manage follow-up on coverage changes to ensure the coverage specifications are correct
- Build and maintain client and market contacts to execute effectively on client's program
- Contribute to the firm's body of knowledge, keeping abreast of changing risk and insurance market conditions
- Assess risk exposures and help develop placement solutions that meet client needs
- Implementplacement strategy to achieve growth goals and provide exceptional client service
- Assist in submitting coverage specifications and obtain quotes from carriers
- Foster relationships with carriers, underwriters and client team to provide cohesive client service
- Maintain understanding of changing insurance and risk management market conditions which affect products and coverage
What you need to have:
- Bachelors' degree preferred
- 2-4 years' experience, insurance industry preferred
- P&C broker licensed preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office tools
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, matrixed environment
- High attention to detail and collaborative skill set
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Applicants must have legal work authorization in the U.S. on a permanent and ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
What makes you stand out?
- Individuals who have strong interpersonal skills, agile, possess cross-cultural acumen, and strong analytical and influencing skills.
- We want people who are highly engaged and curious. At Marsh you have the opportunity to have diverse experiences across different segments, risk practices and specialties. The ability to explore and engage is critical to be successful in this environment.
- We are also a very relationship-based culture and company. We rely and leverage each other to produce the best results.
Marshis the world's leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business ofMarsh McLennan(NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses:Marsh,Guy Carpenter,Mercer, andOliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter@MarshGlobal;LinkedIn;Facebook; andYouTube,or subscribe toBRINK.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOEMinority/Female/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity employers.