American Express Global Business Travel Team Coach - Onsite in New York City, New York
American Express Global Business Travel (GBT) equips companies of all sizes with the insights, tools, services and expertise they need to keep their travelers informed, focused and productive while on the road. With approximately 14,000 employees and operations in nearly 140 countries worldwide, American Express GBT empowers customers to take control of their travel programs, optimizing the return on their travel and meetings investments, while, more importantly, providing extraordinary traveler care.
We’re moving faster than ever and introducing new products, services, and strategies that will revolutionize the travel industry and bring greater value to our business customers. Our clients’ success expands our success, so we put our heart and soul into helping our clients achieve results that exceed all expectations. As the world’s largest travel management company, we are continuing to build alliances with key travel leaders and suppliers throughout the world, strengthening our position as a quality provider to companies of all sizes.
We are committed to ensuring that our global workforce experiences a culture of belonging that leverages the diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives of our colleagues, clients, partners and communities, to foster a high performing multicultural and inclusive organization. We believe that a culture where everyone feels engaged, has a voice, and is empowered to achieve their full potential, is core to our purpose and success.
Get ready to take your career to new heights.
For more information about American Express GBT, please refer to our website: https://www.amexglobalbusinesstravel.com/about-us/
The Team Coach at GBT is accountable for managing overall performance, coaching individual Travel Counselors and guiding the team to create exceptional business travel experiences for customers. The role holder is responsible for supporting the team and Travel Counselors to meet or exceed key service metrics, revenue targets and performance indicators. They are also accountable for client relationships and customer and employee experience. Other key responsibilities include operationalizing Business Travel Client policies and supporting clients’ service needs.
The role will have approximately 25 direct report Travel Counselors as standard and report to a Service Leader. The role’s focus will be on coaching and performance evaluation across all areas of service and managing the client relationships for the accounts which they are aligned to.
Key accountabilities are as follows:
· Act as the People Leader for all Travel Counselors in the team
· Complete Compas (Service Metric Tracking system) Journals in line with the Coaching cycle
· Coaching – provide regular, documented coaching to team members, ensuring all are meeting or exceeding performance targets
· Monitor, review and coach on Compas and other KPI metrics at the individual and team level
· Investigate service and quality errors, provide coaching and feedback
· Make decisions on performance ratings and compensation
· Manage underperformance on a timely basis, engaging the employee when developing Performance Improvement Plans and formal warnings, working in partnership with HR as applicable
· Facilitate ongoing account specific onboarding/training for new team hires after the initial centralized Traveler Care training program is complete
· Represent Traveler Care for all new business - providing input to new business bid processes, quarterly business reviews and the service model
· Participate in client meetings with commercial client management partners as required
· Research and resolve with commercial partners on client service escalations, assist with strategy, messaging to the team and client as necessary
· Analyze and act on CSAT performance, identify actions and communicate results
· Document and update the necessary systems and tools with client policy changes
· Accountable for team upskill on changes to Client travel policies
· Engage with Commercial internal partners and clients to deliver exceptional traveler care, ensure client performance goals are achieved, and manage and deliver strong traveler and arranger experience
· Monitor errors (CSI/Debit Memos) in internal systems such as ‘Travel Force’ to confirm closure and return to service level expectations
· Work in collaboration with the Team Operations role to achieve client service level consistency per the contract and ensure client expectations are met or exceeded
· Call listening as required, to ensure employees are adhering to minimum service and compliance standards and to validate any disputes or service issues
Skills and experience
· People Leadership
· Passion for coaching with excellent questioning and listening skills
· Solution orientation, coaching employees to find their own solutions
· Relationship building and management
· Customer services focus
· Focus on customer and data driven decision-making
· Travel Management Company tools & systems, Global Distribution Systems, and more
· Experience working in a client first environment
· Experienced in meeting and achieving financial metrics and service targets
· High volume, rapidly changing and demanding service environment
· Requires Onsite in NY office a few days a week, some travel to events along with travel to onsite in California and New Jersey
United States>New York>New York City
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement (https://www.amexglobalbusinesstravel.com/gbt-recruitment-privacy-statement/)
American Express Global Business Travel (GBT) is the world’s leading business partner for managed travel. We help companies and employees prosper by making sure travelers are present where and when it matters. We keep global business moving with the powerful backing of 16,000 travel professionals in more than 140 countries. Companies of all sizes, and in all places, rely on GBT to provide travel management services, organize meetings and events, and deliver business travel consulting.