Amazon Web Services Senior Solutions Developer, BDSI Solutions Prototyping in New York City, New York
Do you have a builder’s mentality where “show me” means more than “tell me”? Are you passionate about technology, understand cloud architectures & platforms and quick to pick up emerging technologies? Are you adept at working with Customers to experiment with innovative approaches and the validate the technical feasibility of solutions?
As trusted customer advocates, the Solutions Prototyping team helps customers in creating the early iterations of products and solutions, often exploring new technical grounds. The team is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal and writing skills.
You will partner with customers and other AWS teams to craft solutions that address customer use cases and accelerate the adoption of AWS. As a Principal, you will be a player/coach taking leadership while also being a net contributor to development activities. You will help shape and build prototypes covering a spread of domains such as AI/ML, IoT and Serverless. The ability to learn new technology and develop solutions that meet a high quality bar and convey business value is critical to the role.
Here are some qualities we are looking for: - Have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging which are primarily large enterprises.
· The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a developer or hands-on solutions architect. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
· As a technical leader, you combine design and architecture knowledge with development capability (i.e. comfortable on the white-board and also on the keyboard).
· You will engage often in early stages of customer use-cases and also in competitive situations. Being able to deal with ambiguity, good communication and being hands-on are important qualities - you will often be the lead technical person in the room and dealing with other senior leaders from technical and business domains.
· Push the technical bar. You will have appetite and take initiative to learn new topics and experiment, covering domains such as Blockchain and AR/VR in an enterprise context.
· Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, willing to take on challenges and make a big impact.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field of study OR 8+ years of professional or military work experience
· 8+ years within specific technology domain areas (e.g. software development, cloud computing, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics)
· 3+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience in applications and infrastructures
· Experience communicating across technical and non-technical audiences, including executive level stakeholders or clients
· 7+ years design/implementation/consulting application development experience with deep knowledge of software development tools and methodologies and active, hands-on coding and application design experience
· 5+ years as lead or chief architect. Ability to lead deep architectural discussions with customer, partners and other AWS teams.
· Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many interactive sessions, such as workshops, while acting as lead and also supporting other functions such as business development, marketing, and services teams.
· Ensure technical output, such as code and other artefacts, are packaged in an easily consumable and repeatable way for customers and internal teams including marketing, solutions architecture, and support
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience with agile development or similar methodologies for continuous product development and deployment.
· Deep knowledge of software development tools and methodologies and active, hands-on coding and application design experience
· High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
· You have hands-on experience in one or more of edge computing, IOT, AI/ML, Blockchain and/or mobile development.
· Ability to demonstrate body of work and influence (e.g. public repos, public speaking, Open Source contributions or similar).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.