Fortive Corporation Regional Sales Manager, Technical Sales in New York City, New York
Do you like to win? We do! If this resonates with you then we want to talk to you…
We are looking for a highly-motivated, technical sales manager, who can deliver results by providing customers with deep insights into their business. Unfortunately, relationships are no longer enough, and customers are often more than 50% through the buying cycling when they engage a vendor. Winning in today’s world requires a more informed selling approach that teaches customers how to think differently about their needs and their customers.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a strong desire to learn and grow, who has a competitive spirit and is motivated by a challenge. As the technical expert on our power meter product line, this individual will be expected to execute a sales strategy to grow our power meter sales, provide input on the product road map, and be a technical resource for the commercial team. A background in power management, power metering, or similar is absolutely necessary for success in this role.
Target Candidate locations include, but are not limited to: anywhere within the United States. Boston MA – Los Angeles CA. This is a remote position; the candidate will be working from home/have a home office.
• Find and close new power meter project business and key OEM partnerships
• Support outside sales team as needed as a technical resource and power meter and power management product and systems expert
• Drive new business development efforts to find and grow customer base nationwide
• Establish rapport and build a relationship with all key decision makers within target customer (such as project managers, engineering, and facilities staff)
• Travel to customer locations as required; present company products, services and pricing information in a professional manner
• Manage geographic region from an entrepreneurial mindset; constant strategic activity equals success
Critical Success Factors:
• Ability to understand customer needs to present them a thoughtful solution
• Ability to consultatively sell by listening to customer pain points vs presenting features
• In-depth knowledge of electrical sub-meters, power management, and the metering market
• A hunter mentality that is has relentless pursuit of key opportunities
• Aptitude for selling a technical product and educating customers
• Ability to understand, and articulate technical data to all stakeholders (engineer and layman)
• Portrays company and self clearly over phone and email with a succinct and charismatic presence
• Maintains a service-oriented and customer-focused mindset
• 5+ years of sales, engineering, or customer-facing experience selling into power market
• Proven history of success in a technical sales, individual contributor role, managing broad geographic territory
• In depth knowledge of electrical systems and power management theories
• Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office
• Ability to teach and deliver clear training/support to entire commercial team
• Strong knowledge of building automation market
• Prior experience utilizing salesforce.com
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering preferred
TRAVEL: 50-70% travel required for the position
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company, with a $6B portfolio of market-leading brands. We develop and deliver essential technology for the people who create, implement and accelerate progress. And we achieve this through our people. Our globally diverse team of 24,000 employees is united by a common culture rooted in Fortive Business System (FBS). Exceptional people thrive at Fortive because we build extraordinary teams for extraordinary results. We recruit, develop and retain the best talent available. We shape the future. We innovate to fuel our customers’ success, building better businesses and propelling progress. We are driven to do better. We emphasize continuous improvement and nonstop learning. We are team-oriented. We work together, and we win together. We create an environment based on integrity and action, not politics and bureaucracy.
At Fortive, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We need the most talented people to keep progressing. Here you’ll learn how FBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
ABOUT SETRA SYSTEMS:
Setra Systems, Inc. is an Operating Company within the Sensor Technologies platform of Fortive Corporation that designs and manufactures a broad line of sensing products including pressure, current, vacuum, humidity and particle counting instruments. Our products are used in a wide variety of applications within the global HVAC/R, Life Sciences, Industrial, and Semiconductor markets.
Applicants to and employees of this company are protected under Federal law from discrimination on several bases. Please refer to our Careers page at www.setra.com/careers to learn more.
"The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as a Fortive Company. Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1-866-272-5573 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation."