AdventHealth RN Clinical Expeditor New Smyrna Beach in New Smyrna, Florida
RN Clinical Expeditor New Smyrna Beach
Location Address: 401 Palmetto Street, New Smyrna, Florida 32168
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
- Career growth and advancement potential
- Health Insurance Coverage
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of New Smyrna Beach
- Great benefits
- FT Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Expedites, prioritizes, synchronizes and mediates clinical issues in real time. Removes barriers to discharge and addresses delays in care.
- Triages alerts and situational awareness via investigation per the electronic medical record and additional clinical resources.
- Manages deviations from patient care pathways; resolves bottlenecks and variation in service level agreements. Optimizes communication and prioritization with support services and a variety of clinical departments.
- Provides leadership and works with the Nursing House Supervisor and Leadership to address patient flow issues.
- Anticipates and determines strategies for long length of stay or complex discharge patients in concert with Case Management.
- Collaborates with Nursing House Supervisor and Nursing leadership to identify process improvement strategies, reduce patient length of stay (LOS), trend delays, support quality initiatives and enhance patient safety.
- Defines patient activity triggers and feedback mechanisms to inform operational team members, physician leaders, and administrative team to mitigate over capacity situations.
- Develops strategies to manage surge in patient volumes.
- Develops quality and performance criteria and metrics for specific departmental initiatives in collaboration with Nursing Leadership.
- Addresses conditional discharges orders.
- Liaises with Nursing House Supervisor, Nursing Leadership, Care Management and providers regarding clinical priorities and synchronization based on system needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
- Graduate of school of Nursing
Two years nursing experience working in acute care setting
Current valid state or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
The Clinical Expeditor plays a pivotal role to decrease barriers, improve patient access and enhance quality of care for acute care services, using clinical expertise, leadership, organizational awareness, and critical thinking skills. The Clinical Expeditor collaborates and provides support to other healthcare providers, patients, physicians, and care programs across acute care services. Personal and professional development is an expectation of the role to ensure consistent application of procedures, patient flow processes, and optimal communication. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.