Westat Laboratory Specialist-Study Manager in Nationwide, United States
Laboratory Specialist-Study Manager
US - Nationwide
Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
We are seeking an experienced researcher to provide clinical laboratory expertise to support ongoing research studies of national and international significant HIV and TB clinical trials programs.
• Participating in study concept and protocol development to ensure the laboratory test methodologies selected have the capability to provide quality results that will meet the protocol requirements and analytic goals.
• Working with study collaborators and participating laboratories to develop, document, and implement standardized procedures for protocol-specific assays.
• Monitoring laboratory procedures to ensure quality controls are implemented, regulatory requirements are met, and results are accurate, reliable, and standardized.
• A Master’s degree in public health, life science or health field with 8 years of experience in laboratory management and public health or epidemiologic research or Ph.D. degree in a health or life science field with experience in laboratory management and public health or epidemiologic research.
• Experience in a clinical research environment, an HIV and TB laboratory setting, or a diagnostic mycobacteriology laboratory is required.
Strong oral and written communication skills, analytic skills, and the ability to handle multiple tasks are essential.
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
Employee Stock Ownership Plan
401(k) Retirement Plan
Paid Parental Leave
Employee Assistance Program
Travel Accident Insurance
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Critical Illness Insurance
Supplemental Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.
Research - Clinical Trials
$86,800 - $110,000