Vanderbilt University Medical Center Sr Patient Service Specialist - Interventional Pain Clinic in Nashville, Tennessee
Sr. Patient Service Specialist
Provides service to patient either pre-appointment, during or post appointment with minimal guidance. Coordinates more complex patient to include scheduling with multiple services or coordination with outside facilities or providers. Facilitates required pre-authorization, precertification or predetermination for procedures or appointments. Provide guidance to entry level coworkers.
High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent experience) and 2 years relevant experience
Shift: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
The Pain Management Center is housed at Vanderbilt Health at One Hundred Oaks at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/painmedicine/36793 .
Chronic pain affects about 116 million people in the U.S., more than diabetes, heart disease and cancer combined. At the Vanderbilt Pain Management Center, our experts work with patients to customize a treatment plan for chronic pain. This team may include specialists from anesthesiology, psychology or psychiatry, neurology or neurosurgery, orthopedics or rehabilitation. As provider at Vanderbilt, you will have access to a network of world-class facilities, including the Osher Center for Integrative Medicine at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/osher/ , Vanderbilt Neurology Clinic, Comprehensive Spine Center at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/spinecenter/ , Vanderbilt Interventional Pain Center or the Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center at http://www.vicc.org/ .
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover VanderbiltUniversity Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
US News & World Report: #1Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the BestHospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adultspecialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, MonroeCarell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the BestChildren’s Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialtiesnationally ranked.
Healthcare’s Most Wired: Amongthe nation’s 100 “most-wired” hospitals and health systems for its efforts ininnovative medical technology.
Becker’s Hospital Review: namedas one of the “100 Great Hospitals in America”, in the roster of 100 Hospitalsand Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
The Leapfrog Group: Oneof only 10 children’s hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
American Association for the Advancement ofScience: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
Magnet Recognition Program: Receivedour third consecutive Magnet designations.
National Academy of Medicine: 22members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
Human Rights Campaign Healthcare EqualityIndex: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt UniversityMedical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Provides positive first impressions utilizing customer service skills.
Works with patients and/or outside facilities to ensure all administrative tasks, including; referrals, pre-certs, clinical records and documentation, orders and consults have been received and ready to view prior to patient procedure or surgery.
Schedules appointments, procedures and diagnostic testing.
Pre-authorization, precertification or predetermination of procedure and resolves related issues.
Manages templates including utilization, wait list and quality audits.
Assists with onboarding and training as needed.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (ADVANCED): - A continuing focus on the needs and requirements of customers, anticipating their needs, remaining sensitive to customers while performing services for them, responsive to customer needs.
PATIENT DOCUMENTATION (INTERMEDIATE): - The ability to receive and record patient information.
PATIENT SCHEDULING (INTERMEDIATE): - The ability to coordinate and schedule patient appointments, surgeries and other office visits with various computer systems in the hospital or clinic.
SURGERY SCHEDULING (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS): - The ability to coordinate and schedule surgeries within various computer systems in the hospital.
MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY & DOCUMENTATION (INTERMEDIATE): - The ability to comprehend medical terminology and documentation in an office, or surgical setting.
Organizational Impact: Performs non-routine tasks that significantly impact team's performance with minimal guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Conducts research and analysis to solve some non-routine problems.
Breadth of Knowledge: Applies broad job knowledge and has basic job skills in other areas.
Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to less experienced team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S3):
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships : Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S3):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S3):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards .
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S3):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S3):
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent experience) and 2 years relevant experience
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Light Work category requiring exertion up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects.
Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
Occasional: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
Occasional: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
Continuous: Feeling: Ability to perceive size, shape, temperature, texture by touch with fingertips.
Job Accounting and Finance
Organization: Interventional Pain Admin 303742
Title: Sr Patient Service Specialist - Interventional Pain Clinic
Location: TN-Nashville-Vanderbilt Health One Hundred Oaks (OHO)
Requisition ID: 2009266
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.