Cargill Refrigeration Utility Tech - 2nd Shift - Full Time - Nashville, TN in Nashville, Tennessee
This is a full-time position is located in Nashville, TN. Please note you may receive calls from a 952 area code if you are considered for the position. Note this position does not provide any type of relocation assistance.
Cargill Meat Solutions is the umbrella organization of Cargill’s North American beef, turkey, and food distribution businesses. Our businesses based in Wichita, Kansas, provide wholesome, high quality, nutritious and flavorful products to customers ranging from foodservice operators and grocery stores, to food manufacturers and export markets. These businesses employ more than 28,000 people in the US and Canada, who work at dozens of processing and support facilities.
Cargill Beef believes being an industry leader is about more than delivering the highest-quality products and service. It’s about delivering on our promises. Throughout our history, our commitment to building a better future has been at the heart of everything we do. We continue to aggressively pursue improvements and produce real results that impact not only our operations but our industry, employees and the world around us. By continuously improving our products, processes and services we are ensuring a better, more sustainable future for our employees, for our customers, for our communities and for our company.
Utility technicians have responsibilities that include but are not limited to maintaining all aspects of the facility’s refrigeration system, steam generation system, hot water system and compressed air system plus any other duties as needed. Technicians must perform preventative maintenance work, conduct daily set-up of area, perform inspections and document data on reports and logs, all while making safety the number one priority. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge and be certified to run ammonia refrigeration systems, boilers, and compressed air systems or be able to attain certification within six months.
Utility technicians must be able to work in wet or humid environments, work at various heights, work around moving mechanical parts, work in a fast-paced environment, and work around chemicals and solvents. Utility technicians must be able to stand for the entire 12-hour shift and must be able to use all required PPE for the position, which includes a respirator.
• Be knowledgeable in the use of a variety of tools and understand basic parts for general repairs.
• Assist with daily start-up or shut-down
• Perform preventative maintenance and any assigned work orders
• Perform troubleshooting activities
• Perform all work safely and comply with Cargill safety policies, such as lock out tag out.
• Monitor systems through computer programs
• Perform written and digital documentation: daily log, round sheets, and other reports
• Work around machinery and power sources such as electricity
• Maintain cleanliness and housekeeping for a safe working environment
• Previous maintenance or utility experience
• Familiarity with computer systems
• Ability to wear all required PPE (including respirator)
• Basic Math including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
• Ability to read, write, and speak English
• Caro and Ciro certifications (or ability to obtain within six months)
• Previous ammonia refrigeration or PSM experience
• Previous Cargill Experience
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.