Belmont University Health Care Management - Adjunct (Pool) in Nashville, Tennessee
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assigned up to nine workload hours per semester.
- Create syllabus, timeline of classes, for students each semester.
- Provide meeting time for students.
- Manage online grading system and submit grades in a timely fashion.
- Abide by all relevant university and/or department procedures and policies.
- The above statements describe the job’s essential responsibilities and requirements. They are not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be assigned to job incumbents.
Required Qualifications: Belmont University seeks to attract and retain highly qualified faculty and staff that share the University's values and will contribute to its mission and vision to be a leader among teaching universities bringing together the best of liberal arts and professional education in a Christian community of learning and service.
- Knowledge of principles, methods and current developments in the field of study.
- Knowledge of subject matter and course content taught.
- Knowledge of instructional strategies and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to support, instruct, manage, motivate and evaluate students.
- Skilled in the use of computers, Internet resources, and MS Office software.
- Ability to learn relevant sections of BannerWeb, Belmont University’s online integrated database system for student grading.
- Ability to integrate technology into the teaching and learning process.
- Ability to successfully interact with students, other educators and educational institution representatives, and the general public in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of the programs and services offered by Belmont University.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
Required Education Master's degree in specific discipline. PhD preferred.
Required Experience Higher education teaching experience preferred.
Employment Type: Adjunct (part time)
Internal Job Category: Adjunct