NCH Healthcare System PHARMACY TECH I/PER DIEM in Naples, Florida
The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for completion of tasks as delegated by the pharmacist in accordance with Florida law. Such technician responsibilities will include any or all of the following: medication order entry, medication delivery, and AcuDose operation, order check-in, filling stock requisitions, filing orders, inventory management, ADT maintenance, computer/printer operation and maintenance, operation of pneumatic tubes, and crediting returned medications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Other duties may be assigned.
• Fills stock requisitions and patient medication orders accurately.
• Performs AcuDose operations (refills, returns, reports, etc.) without discrepancies/errors.
• Accurately completes computer functions (Powerchart/PharNet, print operation, charges/credits).
• Completes assigned tasks in a reasonable time frame. Work habits are structured to generate the optimum level of productivity within the department.
• Willingly provides assistance to other pharmacy areas when asked to do so by Director or pharmacist on duty. Accepts and completes other assignments delegated by Pharmacy Management.
• Gives appropriate information to caller or relays questions appropriate to a pharmacist. Provides feedback regarding problems and complaints, and offers constructive suggestions.
• Possesses working knowledge of the automation system (Robot, Connect RX, and Med Carousel).
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• One-year formal education or training beyond High School.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience preferred.
• Good math and communication skills required.
• Must be a Registered Pharmacy Technician in the State of Florida.