ALDI Training & Development Generalist II (Instructional Designer) in Naperville, Illinois
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our Human Resources Department is focused on ALDI’s most valuable asset: our people. With teams including Administration, Employee Communications, Payroll & Benefits, Human Resource Information Systems, Legal, Risk & Security, Recruitment and Training & Development, HR makes sure that ALDI continues to employ talented and motivated people that are focused on preserving the supportive culture we're known for.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Assesses learning needs and project scope to align with project stakeholders and ensure learning solutions meet business needs and drive employee performance.
• Collaborates cross-functionally with subject matter experts and business partners to ensure content accuracy and relevance.
• Designs and develops dynamic learning experiences that result in measurable outcomes.
• Supports the facilitation/delivery of learning as needed.
• Advises on any changes or actions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
• Informs management of recurring issues or when additional team training may be required.
• Assists in training and developing team members to retain a motivated and professional workforce.
• Understands ALDI competency models, and amends current programs and materials to reflect these models as needed.
• Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values of the organization to create a proper, professional workforce.
• Understands developing trends in the training and development industry, and shares with their team and others in Human Resources.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or a related field.
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Training & Development, with a focus on instructional design.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Experience with Learning Management Systems and other point solutions in the learning technology space.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience with design and authoring tools.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Analyzes, interprets, and presents complex data.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
• Minimal travel as needed for training purposes.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer (https://careers.aldi.us/benefits)
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.