Stephen F. Austin State University Student Assistant in Nacogdoches, Texas
Student Assistant Bookmark this Posting | Print Preview | Apply for this Job
Please see Special Instructions for more details. Online applications only
Job Title Student Assistant
This is a student position responsible for assisting in the operations and activities of a department or a departmental project, program, or function.
- Provides office assistance to the department by assisting staff in routine clerical duties and responsibilities.
- Provides assistance in answering phone calls, routing incoming calls, taking messages, greeting visitors, and directing visitors to appropriate staff member.
- Assists in file and records maintenance.
- Assists in the preparation and implementation of departmental project/program activities.
- Provides general information and/or training regarding project/program.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of general office and clerical procedures and concepts.
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records and files.
- Ability to communicate professionally and courteously with university faculty and staff, students, and the general public.
Ability to understand and follow instructions.
The minimum education required for admittance as a student at Stephen F. Austin State University.
No direct experience is required. Training and instruction will be provided.
Prefer to have Graphic Design and/or print shop experience.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to pick up approximately 40 pounds.
- Able to use sharp cutting utensils, like Exacto knives, and other small equipment.
Able to climb onto surfaces for possible cutting and intricate work.
Special Conditions for Eligibility
A student must be enrolled in six or more semester hours to be eligible for student employment during the fall or spring semesters. To be eligible for student employment during the summer, a student must be enrolled in three or more semester hours or be registered for courses in the upcoming fall semester.
Student assistants may not hold any other type of position such as a graduate assistantship or temporary casual employment at the same time that they are employed as a student assistant.
Position End Date (if temporary)
Posting Number SA2021-032
Number of Vacancies 2
Posting Open Date 02/05/2021
Review Start Date
Posting Close Date 03/26/2021
Work Schedule 8 AM - 5 PM
Min Pay Rate 7.50
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Online applications only
Stephen F. Austin State University, an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and Educator, is committed to excellence through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, creed, color, age, national origin, religion or physical or mental disability as required by law. If, because of an impairment or disability, you need accommodation during any part of the employment process, please contact Human Resources at 936-468-2304.
Posting Quick Link https://careers.sfasu.edu/postings/6716
Department Printing & Postal Services
Contact Name Jimmy McDaniel
Contact Phone 936-468-2348
Contact Email email@example.com
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Are you eligible for Work Study?
Are you willing and available to work intermittent evenings and/or weekends as needed?
Are you available to work during the Summer?
Are you able to work holidays when the office is open?
Which of the following best represents your current student classification?
Please describe any experience you have had with using a cash register, making credit card transactions & deposits, & your comfort level with these tasks.
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
List of References