Trinity Health EMT - Basic - 42 hours per wk in Muskegon, Michigan
42 hours/week. 12 hour shift
Great opportunity for Emergency Medical Technician, EMT - Basic, ProMedprofessional to work in an organization that focuses on treating the whole person, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Be Remarkable!
- Professional Med Team Ambulance is an Advance Life Support licensed ambulance service. This means that we are licensed and trained to support life pre-hospital with cardiac monitor, intubation, oxygen, IV's with medication if necessary and other life saving measures if needed.
- Great opportunity to work alongside healthcare professionals.
- We serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities.
Emergency Medical Technician, EMT - Basic, ProMedperforms basic life support procedures consistent with state and local operating protocols. Operates within the scope of practice covered by his/her licensure level under the direction of a physician and consistent with local standard operating protocols. Reports to Field Supervisor.
What an*Emergency Medical Technician, EMT - Basic, ProMed* will need:
- Current Basic EMT license from the State of Michigan.
- Current CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
- Valid State of Michigan motor vehicle operating license, with continued safe driving history.
- Articulates and demonstrates commitment to the philosophy, values, mission and vision of MH.
What an Emergency Medical Technician, EMT - Basic, ProMed will do:
- Renders basic life support procedures to patients in a variety of settings consistent with state and local operating protocols.
- Ability to provide good and accurate oral reports to designated medical personnel.
- Operates Pro-Med vehicles in a safe, professional manner being attentive to the needs of patients he/she is transporting.
- Communicates with Dispatch via radio or telephone.
- Completes all reports legibly, accurately and on a timely basis.
- At each shift change, checks operating supplies and vehicle utilizing Pro-Med’s shift checklist.
- At each shift change, inspects vehicle to ensure that it is ready for service (e.g. brakes, lights, fluids, etc.)
- Performs all duties in a safe, courteous, confidential and professional manner, always taking into account the well being of the patient.
- Provide medical examination and screening of patients consistent with Medical Control Authority protocols
- Uses safety and PPE equipment as required by law and company policies.
Job Number: 00200040
Location: Muskegon, MI
Organization Name: Mercy Health
Facility: MHWMI - Professional Med Team
Employment Type: Full time