Prestige Healthcare Activities Aide in Munising, Michigan
Want more than just a job, looking for a career? MediLodge wants you!
We are currently hiring for a Activities Assistant!
MediLodge is a skilled nursing group that is looking for the best, most compassionate employees to join our team.
A career with MediLodge is a rewarding one where you can see the impact on residents and their family members.
We promote “growing our own” and are very involved in our employees development, helping them to achieve their goals!
MediLodge offers Top Notch Benefit Packages to our Employees!
* Competitive Wages
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Student Loan Repayment Program
* Opportunities for Advancement
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Paid Sick Vacation Time
* 401k Program
* Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
* Aflac and Colonial Ancillary Insurance Products
Help us make a difference!
Resident Activity Assistant organizes and participates in person-specific activity programming, including one to one interventions, small group facilitation and large group presentations. Capable of documenting individual participation and value of approaches in medical record.
* Essential Functions:
* Assists the resident activity director as needed.
* Utilizes the environment to provide both comfort and stimulation to the resident population.
* Fosters a sense of community within the center environment.
* Leads and participates in individual and group activities.
* Utilizes a variety of models to achieve individualized programming, such a pet therapy, music therapy, art therapy, etc.
* Assists with decorating the facility and preparing for special events and seasonal parties.
* Develops and posts monthly calendar as a planning resource for residents and families.
* Participates in recreational programs for residents confined to their rooms.
* Promotes volunteer efforts in the community.
* Maintains records of activities and attendance.
* Stores activity equipment and supplies and cleans area after conclusion of the activity.
* Utilizes the biopsychosocial model to support resident well-being.
* Provides or arranges for comfort/support to residents and families when needed.
* Performs other tasks as assigned.:
* Demonstrated willingness to learn new modalities and approaches.
* Good listener.
* Builds rapport easily.
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other disciplines.
* Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Able to work with residents/families facing end of life issues.: