Progress Rail Services Corp. Specialist I, Human Resources in Muncie, Indiana
• Provide professional HR support in a heavy manufacturing setting, to include:
-Employee Relations and Engagement;
-Provide accurate and timely data from HRIS;
-HR Employee Records;
• Provide support for HR policy implementation.
Auto req ID:
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs.
Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com at https://www.progressrail.com/ and follow us @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Education / Training:
• Bachelors in Human Resources or Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience;
• Professional certification in Human Resources preferred.
Human Resources Generalist
Key Job Elements:
• Building and maintaining employee records in accordance with corporate standards;
• Ensuring compliance with local and corporate HR polices and procedures;
• Timely submission of forms and documents to corporate HR;
• Process company responses to unemployment claims;
• Special projects and event planning.
Qualifications and Experience:
• 3-5 years as an HR professional in a heavy manufacturing environment;
• Ability to create and present information to a large group;
• Proven written and verbal communication skills;
• Proficient with MS Office Products to include Outlook, Word and Excel;
• Attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, manage multiple priorities and adapt to changing priorities.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..