Lowe's Transportation Manager in Mount Vernon, Texas
What You Will Do
The Transportation Manager overseas all aspects of transportation into and out of the Regional Distribution Center. This role leads a high performing team of assistant managers and coaches that is responsible for monitoring the movement of all freight efficiently into the RDC and outbound to the stores. The individual in this role strives to meet key performance indicator targets and budget constraints. This role examines delivery routes (i.e., transportation lanes) for cost-saving opportunities and efficiencies. This individual is responsible for maintaining good relationships with the carriers and the stores which are serviced by the carriers and RDC. In addition, this role resolves escalated issues and implements safety programs for the Transportation Department.
What We're Looking For
• Required to work a set schedule that meets the needs of the facility.
• May be asked to work mornings, afternoons, nights, and/or weekends based on the needs of the facility.
• Must work in a distribution/warehouse environment with the physical and environmental aspects typically associated with such environment.
• Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds; ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
What You Need To Succeed
• Bachelor’s degree in Transportation, Supply Chain Management, or related field plus 3 years of experience in distribution center operations or related area OR 7 years of experience in distribution center/warehouse operations or related area with increasing responsibilities
• Leadership experience with direct report responsibility
• Experience in mentoring and coaching others
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Access
• Experience using data management system (Lowe’s DMS preferred)
• Proven record for complying with safety requirements
• Familiarity with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations
• Familiarity with Supply Chain Management principles and Transportation industry
• Experience managing budgets or contributing to the budget planning process
• Experience using troubleshooting processes to resolve problems
• Experience as a Coach in the Lowe’s Supply Chain Network
• Experience building a culture of safety among subordinates and peers
• Experience working with JDA
• Bi-lingual skills, if applicable to the facility
Job ID: 1877625BR
Line of Business: Supply Chain
Job Category: Supply Chain
Department: LWSSCHDC Managers
Employment Type I: Regular
Employment Type II: Full time
Location #: 0955
Location Name: Mount Vernon, TX
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.