Indiana University Health Emergency Technician, White Memorial Hospital - PRN in Monticello, Indiana
Performs both special and routine patient care procedures and assists in the nursing care of the critically ill and stable patients in the Emergency Department. Works under the direction of the clinical nurse. Transports stable monitored and non-monitored patients. Takes and records patient's vital signs. Stocks and cleans patient care and supply areas. Assists in the operation of various equipment.
• High School Diploma or GED is required.
• Requires Basic Life Support certification through the AHA. Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
• EMT or PCA certification is preferred.
• Requires knowledge of routine patient care procedures.
• Requires familiarity with standard medical equipment and supplies.
• Requires basic understanding of infection control.
• Requires Knowledge of EMTALA
• Some experience in patient care within a hospital setting is preferred. REQNUMBER: 317872