Aveanna Certified Nursing Assistant - PDN in Monroeville, Pennsylvania
Certified Nursing Assistant - PDN
ApplyRefer a FriendBack
Monroeville, PA 15146
Aveanna Healthcare, a national leader in home care, places patient care at the heart of our mission. We are growing, and currently hiring CNAs and Home Health Aides in a skilled nursing/rehab/senior living setting.
We are also looking for the West Mifflin area as well.
Providing great patient care.
Answering patient calls and determining how best to help them.
Providing physical support for patients or residents with daily activities and personal hygiene, including bathing, dressing, getting out of bed, - using the toilet, walking, standing or exercising.
Turning and repositioning bedridden patients.
Ensuring patients or residents receive appropriate diet by reviewing their dietary restrictions, food allergies, and preferences.
Obtaining a wide range of information from physicians, caregivers and nurses about patient condition, treatment plans, and suggested activities.
Measuring and recording food and liquid intake and urinary and fecal output and reporting changes to medical or nursing staff.
Recording vital signs, including blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and respiration rate as requested by staff.
Examining patients to detect issues requiring medical care, including open wounds, bruises or blood in urine.
Reminding patients to take medications and nutritional supplements.
Noting observations of patient behavior, including complaints, or physical symptoms to nurses.
Stay up to date on CNA training and facility policy and procedure.
State Certified Nursing Assistant Certification required.
Current CPR (American Heart Association).
Ability to think and work independently and with direction and communicate with staff members in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment.
High School graduate or equivalent.
Aveanna is an equal opportunity employer.
• Attention to detail
• Time Management
• Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution
• Good organization and communication skills
• Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English
• Must be able to travel
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Prolonged walking, standing, bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting
• Must be able to sit and climb stairs
• Must have visual and hearing acuity
• Must have strong sense of smell and touch
• Must be able to sufficiently reposition patients and move equipment without assistance
• Must be able to appropriately respond physically and mentally to emergency situations in the home or during transport
• Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to allergens and other various conditions
• Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids and infectious diseases
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action: Aveanna provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aveanna complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.