Black Hawk College Work Study - Technology Loans in Moline, Illinois
Work Study - Technology Loans
Work Study - Technology Loans
Quad Cities Campus - Moline, IL
Student Worker / Work Study
General Information & Responsibilities
The Federal Work Study Program provides jobs for students at Black Hawk College demonstrating financial need. Eligible students typically work between 6 - 15 hours per week.
In order to qualify for the Federal Work Study Program, you must:
Receive Financial Aid
Be approved for Work Study by Financial Aid and Human Resources
Current BHC student enrolled in 6 or more credit hours per semester
Cumulative 2.0 GPA (per the Academic Progress Policy www.bhc.edu/academic-progress)
BHC students who don't meet the above eligibility requirements, may be eligible for non-Work Study positions. These positions are subject to budget limitations/availability of funds and are not always available.
Description of Duties
Title: Technology Loan Student Worker
This individual will be loaning laptops, personal computers and routers owned by the College and managed/supported by the IT staff at BHC.
• Make sure students receiving laptops, PC’s, and routers are enrolled in classes
• Assist students with signing in to the loaned laptops/PC’s while on the College network
• Troubleshoot any issues that arise with the equipment (may require IT’s involvement)
• Be a point of contact for students when questions/issues arise with their technology loans
• Responsible loaned equipment returns including: sending email reminders, making phone calls to students and arranging times for returns
• Maintain accurate records including: barcodes, notes regarding any issues with equipment prior to loaning as well as issues that arise throughout the semester
• Facilitate communication with the Director of Educational Advisement and the IT Desktop Analysist to place holds on student accounts that have not returned borrowed equipment or who have returned equipment that is damaged
• Provide students with general instruction for online course navigation
The Technology Loan Student Worker will need to maintain accurate records, provide attention to detail, and have the ability to work with diverse populations including students with little to no knowledge of computers.
The minimum requirements for this job are a basic knowledge of computers, Office software, and Canvas. Good interpersonal skills are necessary for daily communication with students and staff. Knowledge of computer troubleshooting is a plus. Ability to problem solve and access College resources will also be necessary.
On a daily basis, this position will need to check voicemails, emails, and desk for notes left by students or staff who need assistance.
Education & Experience
All majors welcome to apply.
Current BHC student
Customer Service/Ability to work with the public
Other skills/experience may be requested or specified by the department and/or hiring manager at BHC.
Must be able to:
Be sensitive to needs of those utilizing the pantry
Be a self-started
Able to work with limited supervision
Ability to work a flexible schedule desired
Supervisor or hiring manager of a department or area at BHC will review applications and contact you should they wish to schedule an interview. Anyone hired for Work Study positions at BHC will be required to complete an online employment application, a background check, and required paperwork with the Human Resources Department within 3 days of hire.
Be sure to specify your availability to work as well as any areas of interest you have/career goals in the employment application or your application materials.
Work Study/Student Worker Employees are paid current IL minimum wage of $11.00 per hour.
Black Hawk College does not sponsor employment visas.
This position does not qualify for any benefits.
Black Hawk College
6600 34th Ave Moline, Illinois, 61265