North Shore Healthcare Activities Coordinator - Full-Time 1st Shift in Minot, North Dakota
Trust, engagement, competence, respect and passion – these are the values under which North Shore Healthcare operates every day. Our dedicated team of professionals strive to deliver quality care to our residents and their families. We are one of the leading employers and providers of post-acute care in the Midwest and we are seeking exceptional individuals to join our team. If you value being a leader, working in a progressive environment and having opportunities to grow in your career, North Shore Healthcare is the Right Choice for you.
Responsible for providing an exciting activity program appropriate for the physical, social, cultural, spiritual, emotional and recreational needs for each resident. Provides the opportunity for residents to engage in normal pursuits while promoting a successful and well-balanced leisure lifestyle. Work with the various disciplines to assist the resident in reaching their highest level of independence. Plans and monitors leisure activities for recreation and therapeutic purposes designed to enhance the quality of life for each resident while maintaining an open working relationship with the residentâ€™s center or guardian.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Leads group activities
- Maintains ongoing inventory of department supplies and equipment
- Responsible for general housekeeping in activity area
- Clean-up and litter disposal
- Furniture/room set up and arrangement
- Assists in resident transportation
- Distributes and posts a monthly schedule of activities
- Maintains good public relations and rapport with community groups, to provide outside activities and special projects for residents (i.e. church services, special concerts, school group visits, etc.)
- As directed, may assist residents with the voting process by helping them register and obtaining absentee ballots when necessary
- As directed, assists with coordination of volunteer services
- As directed may participate in the writing, printing and distribution of the center newsletter
- Handles department equipment according to standard procedures
- Treats all residents, visitors, and staff with courtesy
- Ensures customer service standards for the nursing department
- Ensures nurses administer discipline fairly and according to the handbook
- Ensures nurses prepare the written evaluations as required
- Complies with laws and regulations applicable to position and act in accordance with Center’s Compliance Program
- Attends and participates in in-service training, performance improvement (“PI”) committees and other meetings as scheduled and directed
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
The responsibilities of this position involve significant physical activities including standing, lifting (up to 50 pounds unassisted), bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and twisting. All employees of nursing homes may be required to provide lifting and transfer assistance to residents. Lifting and/or transferring some residents will require use of a lifting device and /or assistance of other staff.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma (or equivalent)
- Excellent communication skills
Computer proficiency with Microsoft products Preferred Education and Experience:
Previous experience in long-term care
Experience in a fast-paced environment Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Commercial driver’s license or eligibility preferred.
- Possess imagination, creativity, enthusiasm, patience and must be willing to work with a variety of people.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Ability to relate positively, effectively, and appropriately with residents, families, community members, volunteers and other center staff.
- Possess special interest in, and a positive attitude about, working with long-term care residents and the elderly.
- Meets all health requirements, as required by law.
- Demonstrates basic computer knowledge and ability with an aptitude to learn company applications. h2. Benefits:
We offer a comprehensive benefit packages which includes:
- Health insurance for full-time employees starting the first of the month following 30 days of employment
- Dental and vision insurance for full and part-time staff
- 401(K) Program for full and part-time staff
- 6 paid holidays plus one floating holiday for full-time staff
- Company paid life insurance for full-time staff
- Voluntary life and disability insurance for full-time staff
- Paid Time Off
p. Our mission is to establish a culture that reinforces the values necessary to be the premier health services provider and employer in each of the communities we serve. We understand that choosing where you want to go in your career is a big decision. We would like the opportunity to show you that North Shore Healthcare is the Right Choice for you.