Prestige Healthcare Unit Manager (RN) in Milford, Ohio
We are currently offering a $5,000 sign on bonus for this full time position!! Don't Wait, Apply Today!!
Do you have what it takes to make a difference in your life and the lives of others? Do you want to work for an organization who cares about their employees and offers room for growth? If you answered yes, the Arbors Team wants to hear from you! As a leader in the long term care industry, we encourage the growth and development of our employees and cherish the knowledge and expertise that they bring to the team.
We offer an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, competitive wages, vacation pay, sick pay, holiday pay, student loan repayment, tuition reimbursement and much more!!
Don't miss out on this Career Opportunity!! Join the Arbors Team today!!
Responsible for directing the entire operation of a nursing unit in a long term facility
- Education: Graduate of accredited school of nursing, degree preferred.
- Licensed as a RN (if state requires) or LPN/LVN in state employed.
- Valid CPR teaching certificate, if applicable.
Experience: Three years of nursing experience, of which one year was in a long term care environment. Essential Functions:
Performs General Management Functions such as hiring, disciplining and evaluating employees
- Plans and facilitates meetings and committees to address resident care issues for the unit
- Manages area of responsibility with the goal of achieving and maintaining the highest quality of care possible.
- Participates in developing, implementing and evaluating programs that promote the recruitment, retention, development and continuing education of nursing staff members.
- Contacts physicians as necessary and ensures physicians interventions are timely and appropriate
- Reviews staffing patterns and census of nursing units, and reassigns personnel when necessary to ensure staffing meets resident needs and budgetary controls.
- Monitors the clinical operations of the unit and resident’s conditions and ensures that appropriate and quality care is administered.
- Obtains medications, supplies and medical records needed to provide safe, efficient and therapeutic care to residents on a continuing basis.
- Assists in the orientation of new personnel, monitors their skills and guides and observes staff that may need assistance with procedures.
- Participates in facility “QA” program
Performs other tasks as assigned. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
Skilled in motivation of staff and leadership.
- Skilled in work assessment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of state and federal requirements for accreditation and certification.
- Possesses basic computer skills
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse resident and employee population.