Raytheon Technologies Senior Test Engineer in Middletown, Rhode Island
Are you interested in solving real-world problems? Are you interested in playing a significant role in our nation’s security? Do you enjoy working in a culture that emphasizes innovation, teamwork, and technical excellence in a collegial work environment that values creativity and initiative? If so, we'd like to hear from you.
Who we are
For more than 70 years, scientists and engineers in diverse disciplines at Raytheon BBN Technologies have collaborated to resolve real-world problems through research, exploration, development and prototyping. We partner with the best technical team members in academia and industry to challenge the status quo, pioneer new technologies, and create transformative solutions.
We are seeking a Test Engineer to support our Physical Sciences & Systems group in Newport, RI. If you are someone who is energized by new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking then Raytheon BBN Technologies is the place for you.
What you will do
• Develop test plans, test procedures, and test tools for multiple programs
• Perform testing of both HW and SW systems, isolate failures, and propose solutions
• Interface with DoD clients executing formal sell-off test events
What you will gain
• Involvement in the technical components of solving our customer’s most complex problems
• Work with world class researchers and engineers who embrace innovation and challenge the status quo
• Be part of a team that plays a significant role in the security of our nation
• Opportunity to leverage your critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
What you need
• BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant discipline and 5 years of experience. MS and 3 years of experience
• Formal test procedure writing and implementation
• Test execution in both hardware and software environments, and documentation of test results
• Work closely with development teams when bugs are identified to track and resolve issues
• Requirements tracking and verification
• Experience with test tracking software tools
• Position may require some amount of overnight travel
• Willingness to apply for and be granted a US Government security clearance
Additional Skills that would be awesome
• 2-6 years of experience
• Active/current US Government/DoD clearance
• Experience and knowledge of software development in C
• Experience working with embedded HW systems
• Experience with Atlassian toolset (i.e. Jira and Confluence)
• DOORs experience
• Experience working with third-party test vendors
• Experience supporting test events at customer and installation sites
• Experience in QA or configuration management
• Meaningful written and verbal communication skills
Our team members are passionate about growth, innovation and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve and better ourselves so that we can better support our clients. Our culture enables all employees to find purpose, thrive, and succeed. By creating an environment where all opinions are valued, risk taking is encouraged, and excellence is rewarded, we allow our employees to do their best, most important work. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, Come Join Our Team!
Raytheon BBN is proud to offer a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive 401k company match, a Retirement Contribution plan, performance based incentive, and competitive benefits package. In addition to protecting your and your family’s health and well-being, we also offer important financial and family friendly benefits to meet your needs.
Our Work/Life benefits include – Paid Parental Leave – Adoption Assistance – Auto and Home Insurance – Child/Elder Back Up Care – College Coach – Retirement Planning Services – Flexible Work Arrangements - Legal Services – LifeResources – Employee Discount Program – Educational Assistance – Transportation Benefits – and Wellness Reward
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.