EastView at Middlebury Resident Care Assistant II Med Tech in Middlebury, Vermont
This job was posted by https://www.vermontjoblink.com : For more information, please see: https://www.vermontjoblink.com/ada/r/jobs/720279
Are you seeking more from your career? Do you have skills, expertise, and the can-do drive we are seeking? Explore joining our talented team at EastView at Middlebury, a 99-home, nonprofit senior living community filled with engagement, care and purposeful living. Working at EastView could change your perspective on fulfilling work for the rest of your life. Together, we deliver service excellence 365 days a year for our residents, within a community that thrives on human connection.
EastView at Middlebury is accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates to join our Health Services team as Resident Care Assistants – Med Techs.
Resident Care Assistants – Med Techs (RCA-MT) report to the Director of Health Services and are integral to ensuring that EastView’s health service standards are met for all our residents. This includes implementing care in a manner that maintains a nurturing environment and supports the health and independence of EastView residents. RCA-MTs use primary care assignments to provide resident-centered care to support each resident’s activities of daily living. Med Techs prepare medication per physician orders and administer medications under the direction of the Nurse. RCA-MTs use their care-giving skills to ensure the physical and cognitive wellbeing of residents, as well as their emotional and social wellbeing.
We have full-time and part-time openings.
We offer a variety of shifts and flexible work schedules and weekend work may be required.
Occasional overtime and holiday work hours may also be required.
Full-time staff are eligible to enroll in EastView’s comprehensive benefits plan.
* Attend to all resident activities of daily living that require assistance of nursing staff, including bathing, dressing, feeding, toileting, and ambulation.
* Perform healthcare-related tasks, such as monitoring vital signs and medication administration and documentation, under the direction of registered nurses;
* Collaborate with others in identifying resident interests and social preferences and build daily care schedules as needed to encourage participation.
* Entertain, converse with, and engage in othe r activities with residents to keep them both physically and mentally healthy and alert;
* Prepare and maintain records of resident progress and services performed, reporting problems and changes in resident condition to manager or supervisor;
* Prepare medications as per physician orders and administer medications under the direction of the nurse on duty;
* Document the administration of all meds in the MAR at the time of administration including noting omitted meds to document why the administration was altered;
* Competently and compassionately provide ordered treatments in accordance with established standards of care and document all treatments in the treatment record;
* Perform housekeeping duties, such as changing resident linens, washing clothes or dishes, and cleaning;
* Accompany residents on outings to aid as needed;
* Contribute and problem-solve during team meetings;
* Perform other duties as assigned.