Marriott Analyst-Revenue Management in Mexico City, Mexico
Job Number 21013486
Job Category Revenue Management
Location Mexico Area Office, Ejercito Nacional No. 350 Suite 4C, Mexico City, MÉX, Mexico VIEW ON MAP (https://www.google.com/maps?q=Mexico+Area+Office%2CEjercito+Nacional+No.+350+Suite+4C%2CMexico+City%2CM%C3%89X%2CMX)
Brand Marriott International, Inc.
Position Type Non-Management
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Process, analyze and enhance automation efforts for the reservation information to assist the revenue management team in making decisions. Assist in the preparation of competitive analysis and other supporting documents for presentation at market sales strategy meetings. Perform all Revenue Management month end reporting and auditing and provide forward looking information for the purposes of forecasting, targeting need areas and balancing financial expectations. Accurately generate, process and update all property and market Revenue Management reports. Create back-end solutions and data pipelines to maintain databases and data systems automatically, quickly and reliably. Create analysis tools such as dashboards, presentations, APIs, etc. to improve business intelligence delivery. Locate and define new process improvement opportunities. Monitor, evaluate, and contribute to the enhancement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the revenue management systems. Develop measurement techniques to evaluate the effectiveness of property/brand pricing and major pricing initiatives. Perform monitoring, as well as proper usage of, and training on, systems/tools in the region.
Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
CANDIDATE PROFILE - KEY TALENTS AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED
· 0.5 – 2 years of work experience
· Technical expertise regarding data management and analysis
· Knowledge of reporting (Tableau, Power BI, etc.), databases (SQL, NoSQL, etc.) and statistical (R, Python, Java, VBA, SAS, SPSS, STATA, EViews) software.
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
· Ability to pragmatically analyze and solve complex business problems with viable solutions
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Team player
· Ability to efficiently communicate with business and technical stakeholders
Desired but not required:
· Hotel/market experience and/or knowledge with a familiarity of Marriott lodging products/ brands/ hotel operations.
· Previous experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
· Ability to interface with operations research and systems professionals to develop/refine decision support systems.
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
· Proficient in English
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.