Banner Health Medical Laboratory Scientist I - Nights in Mesa, Arizona
Medical Laboratory Scientist I - Nights
(FA) 0.9 - 36-39 Hours
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Required to Work:
Medical Laboratory Scientist needed to work all general benches for Banner Desert Medical Center in the busy clinical laboratory. This positon will work to cover all general benches in a very high volume testing enviornment.
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and has rapidly evolved from a health system of hospitals to a fully integrated system that includes significantly expanded services through Banner Health Network, Banner Medical Group and, in 2015, with Banner – University Medicine.
Sonora Quest Laboratories, a joint venture between Banner Health and Quest Diagnostics, is the nation’s largest integrated laboratory system with approximately 3,200 employees serving more than 23,000 patients every day throughout Arizona.
We are seeking knowledgeable, resourceful, and adaptable employees who enjoy busy work environments, problem solving, and innovative process improvement. We want to have the best possible impact in patient diagnostic outcomes and are looking for like-minded, patient focused folks who genuinely care about patient care.
This position is responsible for a high level of technical knowledge and application of that knowledge to department testing, clinical relevance, and complex problem solving skills. This position serves as a department resource, and is responsible for assisting with department compliance with all pertinent laboratory accrediting agency and regulatory requirements (e.g., CLIA ’88, JCAHO, CAP, OSHA).
• Bachelor’s Degree in clinical laboratory science/medical technology, OR
• Certificate of completion of a Categorical equivalent of MLS program, OR
• Bachelor’s Degree in chemical, physical or biological science and certification (MLS or categorical).
• Students may be hired at the job title equivalent in clinical laboratory science under the following conditions: Student is enrolled in a clinically recognized program (CLS), student’s clinical rotation in the core area must be completed prior to working in that core area and student must complete program within one year of hire.
• Foreign educated candidates must provide a detailed credential evaluation from IERF (International Education Research Foundation) or other nationally recognized credentialing agency.
• For certain specialty disciplines ONLY (Toxicology, Clinical Mass Spectrometry, etc.) where no certification is available from a certifying agency, a Bachelor’s Degree with one year of experience in that discipline is required. Individuals with specialty certification may only work in the discipline of their specialty.
• MT or categorical certification (ASCP, AMT, HEW, AAB).