Avery Dennison IT Service Management Specialist in Mentor, Ohio
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2020 were $7.0 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
The IT Service Management (ITSM) Specialist is a member of the Shared Infrastructure Services organization. The incumbent is responsible for the continual service improvement of ITSM policies, processes, and tools including but not limited to Change, Problem, Release,Knowledge and Service Level Management. The ITSM Specialist will act as an ITSM subject matter expert collaborating with Avery Dennison IT, business unit stakeholders, and managed service providers to enable our businesses to grow faster and operate in a more flexible and productive manner.
• Work within a distributed cross-functional organization to define, document, govern and support ITSM policies, processes, and tools including making recommendations for improvements
• Contribute to requirements gathering, design, testing, and implementation activities related to the enhancement and maturity of ITSM capabilities focusing on Change, Problem, Release & Service Level Management
• Ensure effective and efficient service measurement and reporting within Change, Problem, Release & Service Level Management by documenting critical success factors, key performance indicators and core operational metrics. Ensure proper reporting on Knowledge management to identify articles that are needed.
• Drive the implementation of Change, Problem, Knowledge, Release & Service Level Management improvement initiatives
• Manage problem records to ensure proper identification, prioritization, investigation and diagnosis including both reactive and proactive problem management
• Oversee Change Advisory Board and Post Implementation Review meetings including related activities that facilitate the efficient and prompt handling of changes
• Contribute to the documentation and maintenance of process flows and process documentation
• Provide input, document requirements and support the design and delivery of Change, Problem, Knowledge, Release & Service Level Management training
• Drive process improvement initiatives for all ITSM processes
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
6 to 8+ years of work experience with Change and/or Problem Management process and tools
ITIL v4 Foundation Certification, advanced certification (ie. Practitioner or Intermediate level) preferred version 3 or 4
6 to 8+ years SDLC (Waterfall, Agile, Iterative, Spiral) experience, thorough knowledge and understanding of requirements gathering and analysis, design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance preferred
4-6+ years of systems architecture including functional and implementation experience with ITSM tools
2+ years experience with the ServiceNow.com ITSM platform
Project Management experience preferred, solid understanding of project phases; initiation, planning, execution, controlling, and closing
Strong interpersonal, verbal/written communication skills and ability to influence cross-functional teams
Excellent organizational and planning skills, ability to maintain active participation to support required quality and quantity of assigned duties
Experience using Lean Six Sigma or related methodologies to drive efficient and effective operations and business processes
Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities while delivering excellent customer service
Ability to demonstrate a proven track record with measuring process performance and using metrics to drive service improvements
Strong technical competencies and leadership experience to partner with and influence the development and IT operations teams who build and manage the ITSM platform
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Reasonable Accommodations Notice:
If you require accommodations to view or apply for a job, alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please contact (440) 534-6080 or Jacqueline.Williams@averydennison.com to discuss reasonable accommodations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled